• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston to Whitehaven - valid route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakey1152

Hi all
I am currently on my way to Whitehaven and will arrive at Euston
shortly.
I noticed national rail app suggests catching the 1230 virgin service to Lancaster
and taking the scenic train back to Carlisle which stops at Whitehaven

its a bit longer but I don't mind as I suspect the Lancaster train from
Euston will be quieter

is this route valid as I have an off peak return from Slade green to Whitehaven.
Or do I have to travel up to Carlisle and round that way?

Blakey

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If NRE shows it as a valid itinerary on the ticket you hold, then it is a permitted route. Nobody would bat an eyelid in this case as either route is perfectly reasonable (and both Permitted Routes).

On rare occasions NRE shows a route as valid which the Routeing Guide does not allow; in this case you should be allowed to travel that way, but bringing a printout of the itinerary given would be a good idea if it doesn't seem a reasonable route.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Carlisle and Lancaster are both appropriate routeing points for Slade Green to Whitehaven so you may go either way. It's perfectly OK to go one way and come back the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.