• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Evacuation of King's Cross this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

compsci

This morning my train from Cambridge stopped between Copenhagen and Gasworks tunnels for about five minutes. This doesn't seem to be unusual in itself as it seems to end up in whatever platform is available.

On entering the station the eerie silence was broken by a voice over the PA ordering customers (as usual) to evacuate. Everyone was directed out of the York Way exit, where the assembly point (if it could be called that) was the pavement immediately outside. I continued to the Thameslink station to get to my office near St Pauls.

Does anyone have any idea what caused the station to be evacuated. I suspect that whatever it was was connected to the Underground rather than the mainline station given that there was no effort to move people further away.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I think that evacutating that station should have been on the lease contract, it always seems to be being evactuated!!!

Nick W

Established Member
No idea, although I suspect Mrs Alice Warner of Streatham left her flask and cheese and pickle sandwiches on platform 4, thus leading to James Bond to swoop down in a black helicopter on platform 1 and the SAS to assemble to WHsmiths.

I'm glad someone finally agrees with me about the stupidity of closing a station due to a bag.

Nick W

Established Member
That's the sort of silly general remark which leads people to believe that every bag has a bomb.

Few houses in Felixstowe have me. Few bags have bombs...

asopu10

I work in retail and we have to evacuate for bags too, we've had (in the past) the police and one of them was blown up (a hobo's bag, he hid it behind a bin so looked very suspecious). Its worth it on two levels:1, when we finally get the morons to leave the place I get to sit on a bench doing nothing (only good in summer) and 2. If it was a bomb it saves my life. Its debateable exactly how good that is, but they need someone to sell people cheap stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.