• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Evening peak restrictions out of Paddington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Hi all

My other half is travelling this evening from Royston to Didcot via Kings Cross and Paddington. Leaving Royston around 1545 and hence leaving Paddington sometime between 1700 and 1800 (hopefully). Returning Sunday.

Trainline and FGW sites both seem allow an Off-Peak Return on these services out of Paddington despite being in the peak. Is this correct? Do FGW not apply restrictions in the evening peak? Or is she ok because it is a through ticket?

She has a 16-25 railcard so I am hoping she can use the £34.85 OPR. Does the 16-25 enable her to travel in the peak?

Hope someone can clarify!

Thanks

RV

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

glynn80

Established Member
The FGW Barred Trains list isn't applicable to the Off Peak Return, it is only applicable to the Off Peak Day Return.

There is also a separate list barring certain FGW trains which applies to the Super Off Peak Return and the Super Off Peak Day Return but obviously again this doesn't apply to the ticket your wife holds.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
So she is not barred from either local or long distance trains at that time then? I may get her to print the itinerary from thetrainline to prove just in case.

glynn80

Established Member
So she is not barred from either local or long distance trains at that time then? I may get her to print the itinerary from thetrainline to prove just in case.

Correct.

She is permitted to leave on any service from Royston at or after 0915 on the outward portion and on the return on any service from Didcot at or after 0930. These are the only restrictions on the Off Peak Return ticket your wife has purchased.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Correct.

She is permitted to leave on any service from Royston at or after 0915 on the outward portion and on the return on any service from Didcot at or after 0930. These are the only restrictions on the Off Peak Return ticket your wife has purchased.

Thanks Glynn80, great help... it just struck me after advising her that it was a peak out of London!

Status
Not open for further replies.