• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ever wanted to run your local train service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

I think everyones sat down and though, if I was running this line, fares would be cheaper, trains more often and better turnarounds. Quite a few members of this forum play Inter-Network Rail, which allows you to run the trains your way!

It's great fun,and we're currently developing a bus version, but what do you do in Inter-Network Rail?!

Simple, you set up a company, and bid for a franchise. If your bid is sucessful (governed by plans, cost and ideas) then you may start operating train services on that franchise. You must then create Timetables, diagram your trains and so forth.

One warning, it's addictive! :D
http://www.inter-networkrail.co.uk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Warning: Don't take this up if you work full-time, you'll never fit them both in. Especially if there's a relationship going on at the same time. Can't see the missus being pleased with players being up til 0200 diagramming pretend trains!

That said, I'm interested in re-joining the game myself. This time I won't be a mod or anything, but that's fine by me, that was resulting in too much disputing!

Hopefully we'll soon see Western Trains/Western Trains Wales back in the game! ;)

evil_hippo

No woman can be more demanding than mine! But I have just timetabled the entire caledonian sleeper and a 6tp (12tph peaks) suburban service that runs 24 hours! Mind you, me? work? It just wouldn't work if I tried!

I must say, it is such great fun, I never regret the day I joined.

(Zoltan Connell, Managing director, GoldenLine railways)

tramboy

Tis good for a laugh, and for banging your head against a brick wall sometimes ("where did that 5 mins go, where is it, oh darn!" and the like). With INB (the bus version) starting soon (first area will be Nottingham and the surroundings) now is a better time than ever to join.

Dave

-><-ATG...running Nottingham's trams, EuroTrains, Open Access Trains (think Grand Central) and also Express Leasing (a ROSCO)

Guinness

Established Member
Get some members and it will be bright as the sun. ;)

Chaz
- Cs Trains North West
- Uk Connection XC
- Cs Trains - Freight Services
- Cs Trains North London (Ceased Trading)
- Cs Trains Metrolink (Ceased Trading)
- Bus Game Staff Member
- Former Forum Host

Dave A

I could never live up to the National Express Groups running of the WAGN :roll: :P :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
FGWFan:

Western Trains (ICGW) (Ceased trading)
Western Trains Wales (Ceased trading)
(TBA) Possible franchisee of South Central, to be known as Western Trains Central (TBC)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well, Western Trains was my favourite operator name, maybe I'll keep it by for possible use at another time.

Not sure what I'll go with, I might have a brainwave tomorrow at work:

'Aha! That's what I'll call it!'
'Could you serve that buffet pizza up please?'
'Oh, umm, sorry, had my mind elsewhere'

clagmonster

Established Member
Clagmonster
North Yorkshire Tigers (NYMR & half the Whitby services)
Southern Tigers (Hunterston-Drax Coal; Lindsey-Colnbrook oil; Paddington-Pembroke sleepers; Roxby binliners; Royal Mail ECML, GEML, GWML & XC; some Felixstowe containers, probably more I've forgotton about)
Transpennine Tigers
Thameslink Tigers

Guinness

Established Member
FGWFan said:
(TBA) Possible franchisee of South Central, to be known as Western Trains Central (TBC)

I'll be the judge of that! <D

Chaz
- Now an NRA Franchise Member :P

South Central and London Underground is up for bidding guys - Have a look! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.