• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Every Calder Valley Leeds-bounds service late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llama

Established Member
Actually, I hadn't seen the delay attribution (which, of course, was only there because the train was ultimately terminated short of its booked destination).

Has it done? As to a passenger being taken ill, it seems unlikely that the entirety of the hour's total delay was down to that cause. All services to, or through, Victoria were being seriously delayed or cancelled at that time, for reasons which have been well documented.
I was referring to the DA code for passenger taken ill - VD.

Obviously in seriousness I hope the afflicted passenger is ok.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lineclear

Let’s not start this again... TPE do not “block up MCV”. If a train has to terminate short, it’s up to the signaller you do something about it.
The signaller can't do much if a TOC don't tell anyone the train will terminate until it's arrived and the crew have left.

tpjm

How can anyone defend TPE at the moment is beyond me. They are just as horrific and run less services. At Victoria its the northern staff who have to take the flack for another company's inability
I'm not really able to discuss the details of some emails I've been sending/receiving this week, but you are very wrong about the set up at MCV. TPE colleagues have been based at MCV to support Northern for over 18 months.

The signaller can't do much if a TOC don't tell anyone the train will terminate until it's arrived and the crew have left.
Used to happen at MCO when Northern did crew changes left, right and centre. I think the fact that they have so many services makes it hard for their control to monitor and cascade info about late running crew. TPE don't have that issue so much due to the reduced number of services.

Geeves

Established Member
There is no "Supporting Northern" by TPE staff at Vic and both 175001 and myself can personally vouch for that. We get no information what TPE service will be sat down next either with no forward crew or so incredibly late its not even worth running it. Like I said before TPE delays its self now its after all those years of constantly saying they were getting delayed by Northern. TPE have the Standege route to themselves and they still balls it up everyday. Like I said before its got to the point some days where TPE have been parking trains on the chord because its all gone to pot. No way anyone at that company can ever try to bad mouth Northern. I will say again on that day when the Calder Valley went to hell TPE made Vic ten times worse. I was there.

tpjm

There is no "Supporting Northern" by TPE staff at Vic and both 175001 and myself can personally vouch for that.
Considering that part of my day job is managing the TPE staff at MCV, including working the station myself fairly regularly, I'd beg to differ.

TUC

Established Member
This morning's 0617 Leeds -Manchester Victoria via Calder Valley has been cancelled. According to RTT this is 'due to the planned train being swopped with a slower train'. What can they mean on a service that was due to stop at all stations anyway so speed isn't the issue?

Spartacus

Established Member
This morning's 0617 Leeds -Manchester Victoria via Calder Valley has been cancelled. According to RTT this is 'due to the planned train being swopped with a slower train'. What can they mean on a service that was due to stop at all stations anyway so speed isn't the issue?

It's RTT, I can't be bothered explaining AGAIN.

Seems to actually be due to a shortage of units due to stock being out for maintenance, which could be related to the time of year.

TUC

Established Member
It's RTT, I can't be bothered explaining AGAIN.

Seems to actually be due to a shortage of units due to stock being out for maintenance, which could be related to the time of year.
RTT only reflects the reason the TOC has chosen to set.
If it's due to no trainset being available due to maintenance, Northern could easily have set that as the message, or does suggest that Northern really don't pay attention to whether such messages put them in a bad light?

Bovverboy

Established Member
On Northern's own website the reason given is 'more trains than usual needing attention at this time'. This is a very common situation, i.e. a different explanation being given on different sites. Makes you wonder who, exactly, tells who, what.

Status
Not open for further replies.