• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EWS 37's-York, with others. Coast 37's, with Carlisle bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demps

WARNING you may want to make a cup of tea if you dont have a fast internet, to let them load, sorry! Oh and im in typing mood... heh.

Well its being a long time since i have posted some shots on here, so i thought i would gather a few together from the past few weeks. I've tried to narrow it down a lot, but it was hard, and my eyes are now inverted with all of the bordering.

First of i will put up the most recent collection-The EWS 37's on their tour to york via Harrogate and Leeds from Wolv. It had being forcasted that it was going to be sleet, snow and rain showers with sunny patches, and they wernt wrong! Setting upon the Castle in Knaresborough, the rain was on and off, with strong winds coming up from the river, and the ocasional sunny spell, all to-gether making it a nightmare with having to change the settings, clean the lens, cover the camera every minute!

But! the sun came out for just the right amount of time!

I was so pleased when i seen the virgin coaches come into view, a streak of red through the tranquil town. For sure, if anybody was asleep, they were not now! All together with EE echoes in the surrounding countryside.

Knaresborough37sHSTetc008.jpg

We was plannig to catch the 37's at Ullerskelf, but learner drivers and mad traffic had the ruling hand over us. So it was of to york, a few seconds late with the 37's arriving on platform as we jump out.

401 Lead the way with 405 behind.
Knaresborough37sHSTetc009-1.jpg

43206 trundelels into platform 5
Knaresborough37sHSTetc012.jpg

You couldnt go wrong at york, with the 37s now gone, 4 HSTS had being into the station within 10 minutes including a GC set.

Knaresborough37sHSTetc013.jpg

Knaresborough37sHSTetc014.jpg

Valenta's echo throughout the station.
Knaresborough37sHSTetc015.jpg

A few hours later, we headed out south of colton junction to ge the tour on its return home (40 mins late) Inbetween there was the occasional 66...

Knaresborough37sHSTetc016.jpg

When they finally arived, the sun had long being hidden, and we had foolishely moved spots.

Knaresborough37sHSTetc017.jpg

The previous day i had being out with a mate, and we got the following south of colton junction.

Knaresborough37sHSTetc001.jpg

With thanks to a guy we met, we stayed for the final bits and bobs.

Knaresborough37sHSTetc003.jpg

Knaresborough37sHSTetc004.jpg

Knaresborough37sHSTetc005.jpg

There was a possiblity of a 60 running so we moved on to anew spot (footbridge close to the 'iron bridge') We was late for the 60 but we did catch this...

Knaresborough37sHSTetc006.jpg

Carlisle Just a few shots from when i was north, i had some spare time and wanted to shoot some certain things.

Mainly this thing! Time after time i have missed the Fuel train from Dalston, and its nearly always a 60, a nice crisp morning too!

Rail003.jpg

A busy day at Carlisle, 37688 still looking clean after its tour a few weeks previous.

Rail005.jpg

Crossing the river Eden North of carlisle. The sun was in and out, both providing equally good effects, althogh when a 37 turns up, everything goes ti*s up dosent it!

Rail004.jpg

Knaresborough37sHSTetc018.jpg

37's on the Cumbrian Coast explorer Well, what can i say a Hellfire tour, and MEGA satisfying on the cumbrian coast!! It had being rainy and dull most of the way, so when the sun came out, it was time for some shots down the coast! I've only uploaded two as most shots are similar, hope ive provided a different angle on the tour.

Coming down to Workington
Rail008.jpg

Single track south of Whiteaven
Rail009.jpg

Last But not Least I stumbled accros a shot which was taken back in december, and seen as though i have some shots from the same location, its going up!

Low sun provided some awesome light, the driver not as impressed though!

It was a freezing day! Its looks like the bloody height of summer.

Knaresborough37sHSTetc019.jpg

Thanks for having a look! any comments are welcome, if you like one, or dislike one, say, always looking for improvment.

Oh, and i need to know your thoughts on the borders, like them? or not. Either way im cool as they are a bitch to do!​

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Nice, I particularly like the 4th and 7th :)

The borders are a bit thick IMO, I prefer thinner black and white ones like this.

Demps

Thanks you two. Yeah someone has said that before, and then someone came along and said they liked them, so im hoping to decide shortly.

Established Member
43108 = BEAST!

Had it on the 1235 ex KGX on Thursday to NNG, quite a beast, although looking back 039 was on the 1230 to NCL, what a deparure from that, wish i'd done it now, absoulte hell 8-)

Demps

Ive had a look at these images again on here, and if the forum would automatically resize images so they display as say 640x or 800x max (click to make larger function) Images are a hell of a lot better, and overall they are easier to view. A suggestion to the site owner mybe?

as with the borders here, its all quite hectic.

Gizmogle

Established Member
You take some bloody good photos!

Get yourself a Fotopic or something similar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.