• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EWS colours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCW

Hello,

I optained a 'brand new' class 47 poole moulding body, Fraham Farish of course ;)

I have detailed it to 47/7 class standards and what not and I wish to paint it in EWS colours.

What I need to know is, whats the best way to paint it? and who sells the colours or equivalent colours? the cheaper the better :lol:

Many Thanks!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Also just to add, I have Humbrol no. 7 gloss and no. 20 gloss if that helps?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Well, ive got three choices for you: :lol:

You could either stick to using the Hornby Humbrol paints, or use Phoenix Paints E.W. & S. Railway red, or Railmatch Paints EWS Maroon.

Phoenix Paints:

http://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk/pre...ion-and-onto-privatisation/privatisation.html

Railmatch:

http://www.howesmodels.co.uk/Railways/viewProducts.php?SubCatID=11

Out of the two, id recommend Railmatch's paints as you get more for your money than Phoenix, can sometimes be a better match than Phoenix and i find the customer service that bit better (Like responding to emails!).

dubscottie

Am I better off with Acrylic or Enamel?

also thank's! :)

Decide what type of transfers you are going to use (dry/rub, waterslide) and then pick the paint to suit..

Thats what I do anyway.. I would also suggest you paint the gold first and mask over the gold band before you do the maroon. Found it tons easier than the other way round!

Status
Not open for further replies.