• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ex forces Aircraft engineering technician to rolling stock maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex 0950

Good morning folks,

Im looking for some info on the relevant qualifications needed for a foot in the door to rolling stock maintenance, any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!
I have a L2 NVQ in aircraft maintenance and since leaving service have gained L2 in rail track engineering, PTS and various other industry specific competencies.
Applications have been made for vacancies within rolling stock maintenance but to no avail.
I have found that a firm Called CTP provide this course- EAL L3 Certificate in Traction & Rolling Stock Systems it is accredited by National Training Academy for Rail (NTAR), which is a partnership between the National Skills Academy for Rail, the Government and Siemens.

The course costs £2800 so would be nice to know whether its actually an use!

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It sounds like you have a similar background to me. There is no need to take the course you mention, depending on the level of maintenance you're trying to join as.

What TOC are you looking at?

ChooChoo31

I spent 10 years in the RAF as a heavy mainly at Benson and left in 2017 and have been in rolling stock since. I spent 2 years at bombardier and at present I'm with Arriva.

Status
Not open for further replies.