• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ex GWR Loco on M1 18.4.12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedpan

Established Member
A bit of help to satisfy my curiosity please.

I was driving through the roadworks on the M1 near junc 12/Toddington Services when I suddently saw that there was what looked like a Castle or Hall in what looked like ex-works condition on a lowloader travelling in the opposite direction, although I only had a fleeting glimpse as I was concentrating on the road ahead rather than oncoming traffic on my right.

Anybody any idea what it was and where going to and from?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
:idea: I don't know if it has moved there yet, but 4953 Pitchford Hall is moving from the GC to Epping in time for the startup of services at the end of May, isn't it. Something coming from Loughborough would probably go that way.

theblackwatch

Established Member
:idea: I don't know if it has moved there yet, but 4953 Pitchford Hall is moving from the GC to Epping in time for the startup of services at the end of May, isn't it. Something coming from Loughborough would probably go that way.

That's what sprung to my mind too! Its final booked working at the GCR was last weekend.

Bedpan

Established Member
Cheers for the advice. Yes, it must have been 4953 as I've found a note dated 19.4.12 saying that it had now arrived at the EOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.