• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ex Virgin MK3 and HST moved by cotswold 47s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet

Hi,

a Ex Virgin MK3 and a HST were heading to Gloucester Today pulled by John Peel, Fosse Way and Cam Peak.

does anyone know where it has come from

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
Rhys said:
a Ex Virgin MK3 and a HST were heading to Gloucester Today pulled by John Peel, Fosse Way and Cam Peak.

By 'HST' do you mean an entire HST set or simply a Class 43 loco (the fact that you mentioned seeing a MK3 and a HST confused me slightly)? If you mean a Class 43, there are/were three of them at Reading (the ones which were stored on the WSR until recently). I assume it could have been one of those.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Damn, my one chance to see 090 and 100 seem to have gone then...Unless they get pulled out of Long Marston for a TOC soon.

Damn I need a car...*Goes to DVLA website to re-apply for a provisional license*

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Cam Peak, a power car - Mk 3 and power car are at Gloucester.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not staying there for long though are they? I haven't got the money to go to Gloucester, and connections to Gloucester aren't brilliant here. It's more getting to and from HFD to home that makes it a problem though, what with bad connections there. As this is a bus journey, this restricts me somewhat to what trains I can get, hence the use of my own vehicle would be excellent, as I could leave earlier, arrive back later, without so much concern on delays.

Muppet

Mojo said:
Cam Peak, a power car - Mk 3 and power car are at Gloucester.

ah well i was doing heads out around into stonehouse and i saw the two 47s and shot across to the other side so the other power car was behind the loco then

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No idea, but they were accompanied by a pair of 20s a bit further along - also saw the CR HST Powercars (One in Hornby) at Tysley as well as an 08/09 with pure shunter thrash, it was like a fire!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just heard that it was there this morning as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.