• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exam Board Humanities Source Booklet Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno2055

I thought that I would mention this after it was on national news. 11,000 students, including me taking the Humanities paper 1 exam today have been left without source booklets today after the AQA exam board forgot to give some schools the booklets which are needed to do the exam. So everybopdy ahd to do the exam blind. Many of you have already done an exam such as this where it asks for example: 'using source A' but of course we couldn't do that. The exam board has said that it will take this problem into account, what a disaster. For me and the other 11.000 anyway. Did anyone else do the exam today?

Full story if HERE: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/5005642.stm

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
FFS. Kids were told "to answer the questions regardless" Do they not realise, this is people lives in contetion so to speak

Tom B

Established Member
AQA... I have a very low opinion of them. Last year two markers managed to find 28 marks difference marking one of my papers.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I expect the markers will take into account that you did not have the booklet

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
One of these cockups happen every year... still not as bad as Edexcel tho....

metrocammel

I found a slight cock-up in my (AQA) "Business & Communication Systems" exam on Monday, the proof-reader had missed the incorrect spelling of "Computer", spelling it "Comuter!".

Also, it appears (at least I think anyway) that my teacher had messed up with teaching us the whole syllabus, as there was a 10 mark question regarding meetings, which we hadn't covered in lessons, however I used my general knowledge of meetings and agendas to anwser it, so I at least got half of the marks right on that question - but it is a bit annoying.

Tom B

Established Member
There was an incident on an ICT exam paper where the person writing the question wrote one about plotters - "The pen is stuck in the plotter....". Unfortunately there was a slight typographical error, and they'd printed 8,000 before they realised... :D

Simming

Speciman Papers are the biggest joke though!

All 3 of my exam boards (AQA, Edexcel and OCR) Speciman papars have really bad mistakes, in both the questions and the marking schemes. Like prove that so and so makes y=x blah blah blah, when no matter how much you do it, it dont!

OCR statments of entry also were late too!

Good fun is AS

Status
Not open for further replies.