• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Examples of vehicles in TOC livery (Not trains)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanNCL

Established Member

There's another GWR liveried bus...

infobleep

Veteran Member
Having just seen the his thread I then noticed whilst pulling into Woking a South West Trains livered van.
With another South Western Railway delay occurring, although unusually on the 17:56 to Portsmouth, which is usually reliable, I had time to take some photos.

20180816_175853_001.jpg

20180816_175934.jpg

Attachments

• 20180816_175934.jpg
    20180816_175934.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • 20180816_175902.jpg
    20180816_175902.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 87

Established Member
Probably already been posted, but a ScotRail liveried bus runs a shuttle from Central to Queen Street and Buchanan Bus Station.

Attachments

• 20180817_100825.jpg
    20180817_100825.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51

sluf

saw a colas logo on a white van yesterday - assume it is the transport for the colas shunter at the exchange sidings at preston docks for the daily bitumen train from lindsey refinery.

wimbledonpete

Years back Connex South Eastern ran a coach service between Ashford and Calais via Eurotunnel. The coaches were run by Eastonways and were plain white with a Connex South Eastern logo on them. Actually would be a useful service even today but it generally ran less than half empty, with most passengers being on priv tickets anyway.

CatfordCat

There were some coaches in a GNER livery at one point, I think they were effectively a feeder coach service providing connections from places they didn't serve.

There was a GNER liveried coach (operated by Travel Wright of Newark) that provided a Newark Northgate - Lincoln link (to supplement the connections available via Central Trains or whatever it was called at the time) - photo - not mine - here (flickr)

Also (although I don't remember it personally) a Yorkshire Rider coach which did a Bradford - Wakefield link. Photo (also not mine) here

I've seen a Bristol LH bus in BR blue and grey before. It's been preserved and I think it was one of the West Yorkshire operator's ones, but can I find a picture of it?! I've searched high and low but to no avail!

West Yorkshire PTE MUA 45P - photo (again not mine) here - and vehicle history here. Presume it - or something similar - carried that livery while it was with West Yorks PTE. While in preservation in this livery, it was equipped with a train two-tone horn (I was somewhat surprised to hear a train going past at a running day a few years ago...) It changed hands in 2011 and now carries its later Merseyside PTE livery.

Dhassell

Not got a photo, but there always used to be a SWR liveried van at Salisbury.

trainmania100

Established Member
Saw a van with HSM written on it, same livery as the schwebau hsm high speed miller - black and grey. At Tonbridge west yard

CatfordCat

London Underground have quite a lot of 'service vehicles' - including dustcarts. presume they collect from stations. photo of one (again not mine) here

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The "Stop & Examine" column in Rail magazine once published a photo of a Network Southeast van (possibly unofficial) back in the late 1980s. I think it was a VW Transporter but can't be sure. Unfortunately this was pre-internet and I've not been able to find a copy of the photo online. When I was a kid there was an old Sherpa van occasionally seen round Huddersfield that was painted in Large-logo blue, presumably by a local enthusiast, but again I've never found a photo of it and never thought to take one myself at the time.

pdeaves

Established Member
There is, or was, a VT-liveried coach connecting Luton Airport to Watford Junction (I think, maybe Milton Keynes).
Actually, there appears to be loads of variants. I did a google search for virgin trains bus, but for some reason cannot copy the link to images.

SteveyBee131

There was a GNER liveried coach...

...West Yorkshire PTE MUA 45P - photo (again not mine) here - and vehicle history here. Presume it - or something similar - carried that livery while it was with West Yorks PTE. While in preservation in this livery, it was equipped with a train two-tone horn (I was somewhat surprised to hear a train going past at a running day a few years ago...) It changed hands in 2011 and now carries its later Merseyside PTE livery.
That's the one! :D I always found it intriguing but quite pleasing somehow. Thanks for the picture and information ;)

I'd quite forgotten about the GNER liveried coaches! Wow!

Stuart-h

Last time I was working at Norwich Station there was a Br liveryed Austin Mistero van in british rail yellow!

InOban

Established Member
If you go to today's scotrail Twitter, they've reposted a picture of a Ford SUV in Scotrail livery.

thenorthern

Established Member
Midland Mainline used to operate a shuttle bus from Kettering to Corby as at the time Corby didn't have a railway station and it had Midland Mainline livery on it.

TheEdge

Established Member
Slightly left field but there is a narrowboat normally moored up at Ely near the station that has been painted in Anglia turquoise with cream lining. It might just be coincidence but I doubt it very much.

adh144004

West Yorkshire PTE MUA 45P - photo (again not mine) here - and vehicle history here. Presume it - or something similar - carried that livery while it was with West Yorks PTE. While in preservation in this livery, it was equipped with a train two-tone horn (I was somewhat surprised to hear a train going past at a running day a few years ago...) It changed hands in 2011 and now carries its later Merseyside PTE livery.

Not sure if this is the same vehicle, but similar if not. Dressed up for the launch of the Class 141 in West Yorkshire.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tramfan/15898570465/
(Not my picture).

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Some great stuff on here guys.
I’m sure I saw a Ford Transit painted in original Railfreight livery in the 1990s somewhere. It was obviously an amateur repaint but it looked pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.