• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exchanging a Season Ticket on SWR Smartcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

A friend of mine has an annual Travelcard from Staines issued on a SWR smartcard & now wants to switch to a Staines to London Terminals as he no longer needs the underground component. I've worked out roughly how much he would save by doing a changeover under condition 37 for the rest of the year, but he's been told by the ticket office that they can't touch smartcards. He's tried emailing SWR, but is getting bounced around different departments.

Does anybody know how long these things take to process ?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alex365Dash

It appears to be more effective to send them a phone call, given that they have a backlog of e-mails at the moment. Your friend could try that instead and see where it goes. Their number's 0345 6000 650.

Depending on when your friend calls, he might have to hold for a while.

Fiyero

I went through the headache of this last June and assume it hasn't changed.
Ticked Offices cannot help.
You have to do it by phone. They cannot post-date the change so to be sure its worked you have to do it the same day you need it (i.e. you cannot arrange it Friday to take affect Monday). As you are going to a cheaper ticket that shouldn't be such an issue.
There also only seem to be a few people who can do it. I gave the details then they phoned back to take payment (As mine was a more expensive ticket).

The lack of info on how to do it was the worst bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.