• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exeter stage 2 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lankywhale

i have mine in Exeter in a couple weeks. how was it ?
Yeah assessments were absolutely fine. Just found the mmi weird as she specifically asked for it to be structured in the star format which was fine as that's how I had been preparing for it. But in the interview she wouldnt let me get to the action part, just kept asking me questions on the situation and task parts I had already mentioned. So had to put any key words and key points I needed to make inside the questions she was asking which made it a bit more difficult.

Went okay though, I hope. Will find out in a few days I guess!

jezzer34

Yeah assessments were absolutely fine. Just found the mmi weird as she specifically asked for it to be structured in the star format which was fine as that's how I had been preparing for it. But in the interview she wouldnt let me get to the action part, just kept asking me questions on the situation and task parts I had already mentioned. So had to put any key words and key points I needed to make inside the questions she was asking which made it a bit more difficult.

was it just one person interviewing you ?

so you didn't do the computer tests then ?

how long did the interview last, best of luck with the outcome.

Lankywhale

was it just one person interviewing you ?

so you didn't do the computer tests then ?

how long did the interview last, best of luck with the outcome.

Just one interviewer. Yeah did the assessments. They were fine. Found them easier than stageone assessments. I think the most difficult one for me was the ATAVT test.

The interview was around an hour.

Lankywhale

Just got an email confirming I've passed the mmi!!!!! over the moon. Mad as I only did it yesterday and they said it could take up to 2 weeks. And I really did not think it went well at all ahah!!

Any one has any questions about stage 2 hit me up, more than happy to shed some light seeing as so many others have done the same on here.

(For gwr, plymouth)

jezzer34

Just got an email confirming I've passed the mmi!!!!! over the moon. Mad as I only did it yesterday and they said it could take up to 2 weeks. And I really did not think it went well at all ahah!!

Any one has any questions about stage 2 hit me up, more than happy to shed some light seeing as so many others have done the same on here.

(For gwr, plymouth)
Congratulations mate bet your buzzing hopefully i can do the same in a few weeks.

what questions did they ask in the mmi ? was it 6 situations based on safety, customer service etc

Last edited:

Bayum

Established Member

Typical interview technique to see how people perform under pressure.

Lankywhale

Congratulations mate bet your buzzing hopefully i can do the same in a few weeks.

what questions did they ask in the mmi ? was it 6 situations based on safety, customer service etc

1. A time you had to do something in the face of difficulty

2. A time you had to do something where it was important not to make a mistake

3. A time you had to deal with Rules and procedures

She then also asked: If you saw a colleague not following rules and procedures, what would you do.

4. A time I dealt with an emergency situation

5. A time you had to persevere to learn or achieve something

6. A time you completed a task similar to a task a train driver does

At one point during the interview she also asked a hypothetical question, which was: if a colleague was falling behind with work, would you help them.

Followed by: What could you do to assist them and then What else could you do to assist them.

jezzer34

1. A time you had to do something in the face of difficulty

2. A time you had to do something where it was important not to make a mistake

3. A time you had to deal with Rules and procedures

She then also asked: If you saw a colleague not following rules and procedures, what would you do.

4. A time I dealt with an emergency situation

5. A time you had to persevere to learn or achieve something

6. A time you completed a task similar to a task a train driver does

At one point during the interview she also asked a hypothetical question, which was: if a colleague was falling behind with work, would you help them.

Followed by: What could you do to assist them and then What else could you do to assist them.

Thanks for that mate, that's a great help a good community here. did they say how long it would take for the dmi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.