• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exeter to Donkey Sanctuary Sidmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
There is a 9A bus from Exeter to The Donkey Sanctuary (destination Seaton).

Where does it depart from in Exeter? Is that near St Davids Station?

Which stop in Sidmouth do I get off at?

Don't suppose there is a direct bus from Torquay to Sidmouth?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hi Masboroughlad.
The 9A goes from Exeter bus station and the easiest way to get there is to get the train up to Exeter Central and leave via the exit at the opposite end of the station to the main buildings (i.e walk north east along the long platform towards the footbridge) onto New North Road.
Turn right and follow the road up and over the hill onto Paris Street, walk down Paris Street and you’ll see the (soon to be abandoned) Exeter bus station on the left. It’s a few minutes walk.

Pretty sure (although I’m no bus expert) that no buses run from Torquay to Sidmouth. Exeter being the local hub.

richw

Veteran Member
The donkey sanctuary is a few miles after Sidmouth on the way to Seaton. It’s just off the main road the 9A goes along.

PeterC

Established Member
Traveline will give you walking maps for each end of your journey. Just use the postcode as your destination.

I find travelinesoutheast a little easer to navigate than travelinesw but both will give you the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.