• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Exeter to Honiton

Status
Not open for further replies.

piccadilly

I have been helped with this route before.

At present the train seems to take an age to get from Birmingham to Exeter over 3 1/2 hours.

Either via Newport or Swindon and Bath or Gloucester, or a bus replacement service via Parkway.

Does anybody know when the engineering works will be complete and what the journey time will then be - surely an improvement?

Thank you for your help and Kind Regards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Filton Bank (Bristol Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads) is closed for 3 weeks for four tracking, work continues until this coming weekend. No idea how Honiton fits in to Birmingham to Exeter though...

piccadilly

Filton Bank (Bristol Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads) is closed for 3 weeks for four tracking, work continues until this coming weekend. No idea how Honiton fits in to Birmingham to Exeter though...
Sorry I wasn’t clear!

I travel from Honiton but the Exter to Birminghsm part is the drag.

Apologies for the confusion.

piccadilly

Thank you.

I will check this route out.

I was hoping the engineering works would finish soon and there would be an improvement - swt passenger has confirmed the end date for the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.