• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Expanding HS1 - Steer Davis Gleave

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeter45

i would love to see some business study into further away locations for eurostar / another operator
Berlin/Barcelona/Rome would be interesting to actually see what the demand could be but with how long the trips would be (10+ hours) i cants see them being attractive unless eurostar went and bought some high speed sleeper trains like what china has with the CRH1E and CRH2E
too expand capacity for HS1 domestic services i could see something like captive double Decker units that run a St pancreas-Ashford Shuttle to then change for local services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
i would love to see some business study into further away locations for eurostar / another operator
Berlin/Barcelona/Rome would be interesting to actually see what the demand could be but with how long the trips would be (10+ hours) i cants see them being attractive unless eurostar went and bought some high speed sleeper trains like what china has with the CRH1E and CRH2E
too expand capacity for HS1 domestic services i could see something like captive double Decker units that run a St pancreas-Ashford Shuttle to then change for local services?

This report *is* that study, and has identified the biggest markets for use of finite capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.