• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Expect more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

lookslikeworkslikedisaster6wf.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
ROFL, that's a classic :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Expect less, surely?

Craig

Established Member
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:?

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Craig said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:?

My sentiments exactly :sleepy4:

Nick W

Established Member
The 10 mins / 5 mins frequency seems great when compared to most railway, until we find the busses bunch up then overtake at stops and you get 3 busses every 30 mins and 25 minsute gap in between....

Established Member
Nick W said:
The 10 mins / 5 mins frequency seems great

Thats only if any drivers are in work to take the buses and if they havent all been smashed up in Bournemouth!!!

Jim

Established Member
For the poor buggers that don't get it, the facts may not be entierly accurate, but from what I can remember:

"More" was set up in early last year IIRC and was a step forword to buses in the Poole - Bounmouth Corridor. It replaced about 8 routes (well, M1/2) which all ran along roughly the same route. They bought around 30 new volvo eclipses to do the M1 & M2, along with another 3 routes of a similar kind, only up to Tower Park area. IT has proved so unrealiable. Nearly all the buses have recieved re-paneling or even been sent back to ROI to get practically rebuilt. Anyway, because it is so unreliable, the locals nickname it "Less" instead of "More"

Footnote: Salisburys delivery of the Volvos was much more well cared for, with only 1 being damaged badly.

ChrisM

Ok time for me to step in.
TC taking the **** out of MORE is bang out of order.
These started to run up my way a few months back and are great,fast,cheap and a lifeline.
From my house:
Yellow buses - town/Boscombe :pukerigh: or Christchurch every 15 minutes.
More - Poole/station/town every 10 minutes and cheaper then yellow buses.

A lot of people with pushchairs and weelchairs use these because they are easy to get on and off then the yellow buses so provide a lifeline for disadvantaged people.

More have changed my life. :rolleyes:

T

Tom

From here:-

Yellow Buses - Town, or Muscliffe or Bomo Hospital
More - Poole, Station and Town - cheaper than Yellow and more frequent.

Point is though, 'more' don't turn up that frequently, ok its every 10 minutes, but that's if the bus appears. Once I had to wait 30 mins and then three buses appeared... ok, yes it is hard to regulate the bus service, but they were literally racing!

Jim

Established Member
"More" is really a London bus scnerio on a Poole area route(s)

Established Member
Jim said:
Footnote: Salisburys delivery of the Volvos was much more well cared for, with only 1 being damaged badly.

The citaros aint though!! how many have yoou broken? and how many have we broken!! lets see 1, and that was some chavs shooting at it on the heath!!

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
From here:-

Yellow Buses - Town, or Muscliffe or Bomo Hospital
More - Poole, Station and Town - cheaper than Yellow and more frequent.

Point is though, 'more' don't turn up that frequently, ok its every 10 minutes, but that's if the bus appears. Once I had to wait 30 mins and then three buses appeared... ok, yes it is hard to regulate the bus service, but they were literally racing!
what bus goes to Hengistbury Head from Bournemouth? , was it one of the yellow buses?

T

Tom

You're addicted with that place... it's a Yellow bus service though

Jonno2055

Reminds me of my bus sexpreience, I had to wait 25 minutes for a bus, more than that infact as it was 25 minutes late and when it id come along it went straight past!! But that was First anyway. First western national.

ChrisM

They are pretty bad at peak times with two or More :D running behind each other but i find them 99% ok during the day.

Jim

Established Member
960012 said:
The citaros aint though!! how many have yoou broken? and how many have we broken!! lets see 1, and that was some chavs shooting at it on the heath!!
Well, the reason we broke them, was becuase we were 1st to wash them & found errors with the wash washing the mirrors

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
You're addicted with that place... it's a Yellow bus service though
Now I remember!
Is there a problem with it ;), I know you hate Christchurch!

Established Member
Jim said:
Well, the reason we broke them, was becuase we were 1st to wash them & found errors with the wash washing the mirrors

It wasnt just that!!! its the driver aswell, msn convo this mormning, Jim says: 170 or whicherever one it was!got a big dent in the side of it!

Jim

Established Member
960012 said:
It wasnt just that!!! its the driver aswell, msn convo this mormning, Jim says: 170 or whicherever one it was!got a big dent in the side of it!
I actually said 160 ;)

It isn't broke as such though, still in service, unlike 1/2 the Volvo's were at 1 point down your end

Status
Not open for further replies.