• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Extension to Liverpool St with a Z2-6 travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphone76

Good evening.

Would someone be able to assist with an extension question, please?

I currently use a weekly Wickford to Zones 2-6 travelcard. This Saturday I wish to continue from Stratford into Liverpool Street. What sort of ticket would I need to purchase for this bit of the journey?

I also hold a network card and an Oyster PAYG card, however, I always begrudge touching in at Stratford as I've already paid for zones 2 and 3.

If worse comes to worse, I will catch the Central Line to Bethnal Green and continue on the #8 bus.

Actually, I've just realised that there are no trains between Liverpool Street and Stratford due to works, so I will do the bus thing, but it would be good to know for future reference.

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
Is a Bethnal Green-Liverpool St return a grey area?

Will you be using the tube beyond Liverpool street?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Bethnal Green - London Terminals is perfectly fine.

iphone76

Thanks guys. No - I am going within walking distance of the station, so will not require the tube.

So Bethnal Green to Liverpool Street return is OK, even though I am coming in from the GE side? That is good to know.

Cheers.

34D

Established Member
Presumably it _would_ be a grey area if combining a Wickford-Bethnal Green ticket with a Bethnal Green-Liv St ticket and travelling direct stratford to liverpool st?

iphone76

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Presumably it _would_ be a grey area if combining a Wickford-Bethnal Green ticket with a Bethnal Green-Liv St ticket and travelling direct stratford to liverpool st?

It's a Wickford to zone 2 travelcard rather than a rail only season ticket to Bethnal Green. Not sure if that makes any difference.

greatkingrat

Established Member
A Wickford - Bethnal Green ticket would be valid via Liverpool Street anyway without the need for an additional ticket (and is more expensive than a Wickford - London ticket).

iphone76

Thanks for your help/advice. To save any issue (and as there are no trains into Liverpool Street) on Saturday I'll just catch the tube from Stratford to Whitechapel and then bus it to Aldgate. It'll save the walk then and I can use my ticket on the bus.

34D

Established Member
A Wickford - Bethnal Green ticket would be valid via Liverpool Street anyway without the need for an additional ticket (and is more expensive than a Wickford - London ticket).

OK bad example. I am trying to establish whether we believe Bethnal Green is on the GE mainline?

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
OK bad example. I am trying to establish whether we believe Bethnal Green is on the GE mainline?

It isn't by any reasonable measure. I would consider the proposed combination somewhat of a grey area, my understanding is that routeing is determined by station rather than track although there's not much guidance on zonal fares. Perhaps a better question is whether the Travelcard zones map forms part of the contract?

Alone, a Wickford-Z2-6 Travelcard has no validity beyond Stratford. Bethnal Green-Liverpool St has no validity between Stratford and Liverpool St. I'm inclined to agree that the tickets can "cover the entire journey" for the purposes of Condition 19, but I can see the potential for dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.