• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Extra London Midland trains Crewe to Euston?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
No, there wont be two extra trains per hour, in the evening peak there will be to Crewe. Can't see anything about an extra Manchester to Birmingham either (which there won't be)

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Because it isn't there to exploit whilst you are building HS2 at Euston...

Nothing to stop more Birmingham-Manchester/Liverpool/Preston services.
If the extra capacity is not usable, I won't ask what the point of building the flyover was... ;)

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Resilience. You don't have to use every path if you don't need it.

I'm sure it didn't say that on the business case.
It would parrot the NR line about more paths in all directions. ;)
It's like the extra capacity at Manchester Airport - ask for bids and then refuse them all.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Nothing to stop more Birmingham-Manchester/Liverpool/Preston services.
If the extra capacity is not usable, I won't ask what the point of building the flyover was... ;)

HS2 wasnt considered in CP4 or 5 business plans and until it gets Royal Assent you still cannot technically call it a certainty.

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
No point timetabling extra trains if you can't run the existing ones. Last northbound train from Stone today was the 1650 (1U39, 1446 from Euston) - no 1750, no 1945, no 2105.

WatcherZero

Established Member
HS2 wasnt considered in CP4 or 5 business plans and until it gets Royal Assent you still cannot technically call it a certainty.

Depends how you define considered, the CP5 plan allocated £36m to assist the Dft in HS2 and develop network interfaces (junctions between the networks).

Status
Not open for further replies.