• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Extra trains: Nothing's too much trouble for Sunderland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGS

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'll give it a go.

In complete contrast to the issues encountered on the WCML from Manchester last year, the railway has got its act together for Sunderland's trip to Wembley on March 2nd. For this season's League Cup final, East Coast are running two extra Newcastle-London trains on Saturday 1st March, and two extra southbound, and four extra northbound trains on Sunday 2nd March. Two northbound York terminators will also be extended to Newcastle. Grand Central are also running an extra Sunderland-London return trip on the Sunday.

An even bigger surprise is, due to the match, the engineering work due to take place at Colton Junction on the Sunday has been postponed to later in the year.

Full details here if you want to read them: https://www.networkrailmediacentre....rts-Sunderland-s-big-day-at-Wembley-1fb8.aspx

Whisper it quietly, but is this the modern, dynamic, privatised railway..........actually putting pasengers first?

Stuart.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartstransport/

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
Excellent news - hope that this kind of "joined up" approach gets the amount of coverage that the lack of trains for last season's FA cup got. Good that the EC services stop at Durham too.

Could be a great final too.

Darren R

Established Member
I seem to remember that the problems on the WCML on FA Cup Final Day last year were actually caused by the FA. I seem to recall that they went ahead and re-scheduled the kick-off time, despite them being told beforehand by Virgin and NetworkRail that there would be no trains home for fans.

And moreover I wouldn't put it past the football powers-that-be doing the same thing this time either! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.