• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Extreme Railways - Chris Tarrant Series 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iskra

Established Member
Starts tonight.

Can anyone explain why in tonight's episode they have a steam charter from Vienna towards the Alps, tucked in behind an electric loco, with another electric loco on the back?

Edit: The railway up the Jungfraujoch, looks genuinely incredible. Would love to do the journey in tonights episode. He used some freight trains but I assume you can get passenger trains all the way from Vienna?

Looking forward to the rest of the series. Spain up next.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Envoy

Established Member
Monday 14 January 2019 - it will be Spain. CH5 at 9pm.

Strat-tastic

Established Member
During the show's intro sequence and before/after ad breaks, there is a loco viewed side-on which 'goes past' very quickly. Does anyone know what it is, for to me it looks for all the world like a 31?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
During the show's intro sequence and before/after ad breaks, there is a loco viewed side-on which 'goes past' very quickly. Does anyone know what it is, for to me it looks for all the world like a 31?

Looked more like something Eastern European or Soviet to me, though I can see the slight resemblance to a 31.

jon0844

Veteran Member
What episode is it that shows Sandy to London in late May 2018? Or is that too extreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.