• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Extremely Good News - IRA end armed campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Yes, phew! Does anyone remember the bomb in manchester in 1996? My Mum and Dad were a two minute walk away from the bomb. It was hude - the bomb was that big, it only just fit into a Transit van! I could hear it from my Gran's 6 miles away! :o :shock: No one died though - shoking, considering the size of it!
(At least one good thing about the IRA was that they always gave warning to the police so they didn't kill anyone, unlike Al-Quieda - well, they did in the Manchetser one anyway)

jd

The Birmingham Pub bombings, I believe they didn't warn for that, but yes, they usually warn first.

People who grew up during all the violence often get upset just talking about it. I have no experience of it personally, but I have heard stories from various irish relatives, and also from our school's librarian, and they speak of houses collapsing, windows out, friends dying, being afraid to go outside the house in the evening, and similar terrible things. If the IRA keep to thier word, this is very good news.

Tom B

Established Member
I certainly hope the IRA will stick to their word this time and disarm. They will get much further with their cause by peaceful means.

Status
Not open for further replies.