• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

F&F railcard, in boundary Travelcard discount

Status
Not open for further replies.

tannedfrog

Please can you confirm my understanding which is that:

- The F&F railcard will discount a zones 1-6 off peak Travelcard but not zones 1-2, 1-4 or other
- A child aged 5 - 15 must travel with the adult even if only using tube or bus
- If the child is under 10, the £1 F&F Railcard minimum fare does not apply on the tube or bus (as under 10s usually travel without a ticket on tube and bus)
- Any ticket office or guard in the country can sell a zones 1-6 off peak Travelcard

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
  • The F&F railcard will discount a zones 1-6 off peak Travelcard but not zones 1-2, 1-4 or other

The prices are all the same, they are available for 1-2 etc however the prices don't change. £5.60 and £2.00 adult child respectively.

• A child aged 5 - 15 must travel with the adult even if only using tube or bus

Yes, it is part of the railcard conditions.

• Any ticket office or guard in the country can sell a zones 1-6 off peak Travelcard

In theory yes, it is certainly possible, however some may think it isn't possible.

Tell them to set it up in the 'Anywhere to Anywhere' screen as, Kensington Olympia to London Zones 1-6 (0035). Then set the passengers, discounts etc. This should appear as a ticket type ODT.

TP

tannedfrog

The prices are all the same, they are available for 1-2 etc however the prices don't change. £5.60 and £2.00 adult child respectively.
Thank you for your reply, that's really helpful.

Does the discount on the adult ticket oblige each child to hold the £2 ticket?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I looked to see what would happen if I tried to buy it online but it obliges me to pay for a child ticket as well. The thing is, a child under 10 on the bus and tube wouldn't normally need a ticket.

Flamingo

Established Member
If you wish to avail of the F&F discount, you must have at least one child with a ticket. Even if this child is young enough to not require a ticket in the normal course of events there must be at least one child ticket purchased. If there are several children that do not require tickets, to get the F&F discount you only need to buy a ticket for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.