• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

F1 suddenly got interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSlash

Established Member
Has Formula one suddenly got interesting? I watched the re run of todays grand prix and was amazed. It had
Over taking
Side by side racing
People over taking Micheal Schumacher
4 pace car incidents
Someone blowing up on the last corner

What about before the race even started?
Montoya spinning on the warm up lap
Fisichella stalling on the grid

Drivers have suddenly remembered how to look down the inside at corners, they've remembered how to drag down straights when you think you are quicker than the bloke in front

Schumacher was pushing too hard in the build up to his crash - not so perfect now?

I shall have to watch the next race aswell at this rate

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
Part of that is the new engine rules. Instead of a 3 litre V10 (last seasons engines), they now have to use 2.4l V8 (except the Torro Rosso team which use rev limited V10's). Other forced changes are to the wings and tyres, so cars can now follow each other a bit closer, and therefore get into position to overtake easier.

And the person blowing up on the last corner was Jenson Button. What made the blow up even worse was that he stopped close to the finish line and finished 10th instead of getting 3 points for 6th.

TheSlash

Established Member
That was a tactic to stop before the line though, so he didn't encure a 10 place penalty for changing an engine between races, so technically his engine failure meant he could not finish the race

Poor Jensen, he really thought he was going to win this race too, you should of seen the smirk on his face after qualifying :lol:

Coxster

Established Member
Remember the bit where the safety car went back in then had to come back out again after about 10/15 seconds due to another accident?!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have to agree, Sunday's race was amazing. I have followed F1 for years now, and during the supposed 'Ferrari Era', it had really slumped to a low.

However, it does appear to be back on its feet. The Australian Grand Prix was action packed with crashes, overtaking and other incidents :D But remember, they're not all like that. The quality of the race often depends upon the track. Next time out in 3 weeks, Imola is a completely different type of track, sadly never producing races as action packed as the likes of Melbourne.

Unfortunatley, debatebly the best track in F1, Spa (Belgium), has been axed from the calender for 2006. In my opinion, they ruined Hockenheim Germany too a few years back with a track redesign.

However, the new rules do seem to be helping matters, and this seasons looks like its going to be a cracker! :)

jdjonnay

Horrific F1 accident in the race though.

Got a pic of it

accidentf12bf.jpg

Dave A

ROFL

Yes, finally F1 is back. That Michael Schumacher era was awful! But the new rules are doing wonders. I watched F1 for the first time this/last week since 2004 and its not been as good since Damon Hill/Nigel Mansell days!

Lets hope it stays the same :D

TheSlash

Established Member
We need a british driver who is abit rougher, rather than these middle class people. At this point i'd like to nominate myself to drive in the next GP :D

Coxster

Established Member
TheSlash said:
We need a british driver who is abit rougher, rather than these middle class people. At this point i'd like to nominate myself to drive in the next GP :D
In the Fiesta? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.