• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Failed 66?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I saw something yellow hauling a 66 at Catford, 15:26 today. I didn't see the livery of the 66, as I was going under the bridge. Regarding the rescuer, I think it was the Inspection unit I keep seeing around Clapham Junction, I can't be certain though. Does anyone know anything about this?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
Might have been the 66 Dragging the 'Yellow Thing' Eg a Stoneblower of some sort.

AlexS

Established Member
Could have been one of the Network Rail yellow EDs. Other possibilities are the yellow 101 (unlikely), a yellow 31 or the inspection unit (which is 125mph passed!).

Beaker

Established Member
youcant pull nothing with a dmu. We tried pulling a mk1 with the 108 at swanage and it was slippling like hell sparks every where. :shock:

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Actually you can pull Tailloads with DMU's, the GCR ran an Insulfish with our Class 101 Power Twin, it was a little sluggish, but not too sluggish.

It's just the same as a 3 Car 101 set, or a Power Trailer 101 set, they can pull things, but not much.

TheSlash

Established Member
I've seen the EKR 101 pull various locos, both shunting and over the distance of the line. You just need to be gentle with the power application

Status
Not open for further replies.