• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

failed driver assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

graycam25

hi all... march/april i failed my 2nd part of my drivers assessment.

i was wondering when i can apply again? and also i have passed the first section of testing... will i need to do the whole lot again? or will it just be the bits i failed on - bells and buzzers test.

any help will be appreciated.

cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dieseldriver

Hi. You have to wait 6 months before you can reapply and yes you will have to do the whole lot again as far as I remember. Also remember that the structured interview forms part of the assessments too. Which assessment in particular did you fail on? Theres lots of things you can do to 'train' yourself (crosswords, 'Bop it extreme' aswell as various materials available on the internet).
All the best.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Hi. You have to wait 6 months before you can reapply and yes you will have to do the whole lot again as far as I remember. Also remember that the structured interview forms part of the assessments too. Which assessment in particular did you fail on? Theres lots of things you can do to 'train' yourself (crosswords, 'Bop it extreme' aswell as various materials available on the internet).
All the best.

I sat my private assesment at Doncaster in April and passed everythung except MT4.1
Scotrail have advised that I will only need to sit this part again.

I think thats because I passed all the core elements though

387star

On Moderation
crosswords would help with speed, cocnentration and accuracy I presume?

Firestarter

I sat my private assesment at Doncaster in April and passed everythung except MT4.1
Scotrail have advised that I will only need to sit this part again.

I think thats because I passed all the core elements though

Whats MT4.1 may I ask?

Dano28

Definitely recommend Bopit xtreme, was a brain ache for first couple of days but once you get the hang of it, it's a big help.

Beveridges

Established Member
I went through the assessments about 4 years ago and the structured interview was a nightmare, and it does count as part of the psychometric tests. I failed the first time on the Structured Interview after passing the other tests with ease. Second time I payed for it private right after my 6 month ban was up, and they made me resit the whole lot again and I passed the written/computer tests easily but I just about scraped through the structured interview with a borderline pass even though I spent ages pre planning and practicing my answers. In my opinion the structured interview is *incredibly* hard, and the written and PC tests are not that difficult at all really.
For the reactions I bought Bop It extreme and after some practice I could score 3x 250's (250 is maximum score) in a row. Not sure if Bop It helped much however.

Status
Not open for further replies.