• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

failed steam train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aajparker

Any one know anymore about this:-

17:30 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington due 19:14
This train has been revised. It will no longer call at: Bath Spa and Chippenham. This is due to a failed steam train at Keynsham.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Can confirm that there was a train bunging up Keynham earlier, caused delays of up to an hour on some FGW services (like the one I was on).

Nat the Ned

Well someone best tell Alison that the Kettle was fine! It was a problem with dragging brakes on the Ped on the rear...

How she can moan about kettles delaying her services god knows, has anything operated by FGW run on time this week???????

Dennis

Established Member
Ms Forster will be pleased! Boss of GW hates steam trains for anyone that doesn't follow heritage.

Ms Forster always reminds me of a steam train (well part of one at least; an old boiler).

Must be time to rebrand the trains then; the name Great Western was originally chosen so that association would be made with the GWR and lthe luxury, speed and service it was famous for. Just about all steam powered....

richa2002

Established Member
I disagree, most people like steam trains, even if they aren't enthusiasts. All real railway enthusiasts like steam of course, at least to some degree. A good deal of the public have no feelings for modern trains either way, a minority hate them. But nothing draws the crowds like steam.

In her case, she doesn't like them delaying her HSTs - the Exeter incident probably didn't help, this certainly won't.
That's what I said...

devon_metro

Established Member
Indeed, London trains pick up quite a few people at Plymouth, Totnes and Newton Abbot. Most of the train infact. :roll:

Was there not a spare hanging around in Laira?

Status
Not open for further replies.