• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Failed train at Newton Le Willows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Can't see a failed train, but a vehicle has hit a bridge somewhere and is causing the delays.

Can't see a failed train, but a vehicle has hit a bridge somewhere and is causing the delays.

Many thanks. I am now home. Guard on the train explained that we were delayed by a failed train between NLW and Earlestown. 20 min delay. I was on the 1850 from Man Picc to Llandudno. We were held just outside NLW station for 15 min then again for 5 min just after Earlestown.

1D53

Established Member
Can't find delays to the 1850 but the 1750 was delayed due to a technical fault on a Northern unit.

M60lad

This ended up with 2 consecutive stoppers to Manchester Victoria departing within minutes of each other from Liverpool Lime Street as 18:46 departed at 19:12 and 19:12 departing at 19:19.

I caught 19:12 from Platform 4 and virtually had a 156 all to myself, there were only about 5/6 passengers that used it, I made a comment to the conductor when he came round (he seems a regular on Lime Street Services) and commented its not often you get a service this quiet and he was enjoying it

Status
Not open for further replies.