• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Failing train driver assessments that other companies don't use

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxyboy

Hi all

If I fail an assessment other than the core train driver assessments (Mechanical Comprehension, Trainability for Rules and Procedures, Group Bourdon test, Reaction and Coordination tests and Structured Interview) with one TOC yet apply to another TOC that doesn't use these assessments (Fault Finding or Personality Questionnaire-to be clear), as the results are on a database, would a TOC that doesn't use these tests still look at it as a failure in the assessment process?

Does the 2 strike rule and 6 month reapply count if you have already passed the process yet fail something that not all TOC's use in their assessment process and that is not part of the core process?

Thanks in advance for the replies

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Beveridges

Established Member
Im 99% sure it doesn't count
I failed various non-standard 'tests' with DRS (SCAAT, Group Exercise, and a non-Glop Comprehension test) and it didn't count

Dave A

A mate of mine who failed on one of the additional assessments set by HEx twice (different each time), but passed the core ones, has just been offered a role with FGW.

I can't remember what he did/didn't do, but if he had failed the one extra core one (that HEx take out to keep drivers in), he would have been able to take it again with any TOC that just requires core only, as he would of only failed once at National level in the RSSB's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.