• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Family carriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

Help on National Rail website suggests rreserving seats in a family carriage as a useful tip when travelling with children. I am a regular traveller on a few TOCs but am not aware of any having a famiy carriage. Does anyone know which TOCs have family carriages you can reserve seats in?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Failed Unit

Established Member
Help on National Rail website suggests rreserving seats in a family carriage as a useful tip when travelling with children. I am a regular traveller on a few TOCs but am not aware of any having a famiy carriage. Does anyone know which TOCs have family carriages you can reserve seats in?

I don't think any do any more, Great Western used to in coach E, but I think that it has gone following the refurbishment of the fleet.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I believe FGW's remains, or did until after the refurb, though when asked where families would now sit (considering the lack of tables), somebody in the company replied with something along the lines of that they could sit across from each other in airline seats.

Temple Meads

Established Member
I believe FGW's remains, or did until after the refurb, though when asked where families would now sit (considering the lack of tables), somebody in the company replied with something along the lines of that they could sit across from each other in airline seats.

I haven't heard of a family carriage on FGW's HST's since the refurb.

Status
Not open for further replies.