• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Famous People On Trains / Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Goddard

Established Member
We were up at Crewe a couple of years ago and saw Pete Waterman waiting for and then catch a London Pendolino.

Also once saw actor Peter Benson (Bernie Scripps in Heartbeat walking along the platform at Sloane Square.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wijit

Most of the Manchester United team at Macclesfield, several times. Lisa Faulkner at Manchester Picc, along with another far better looking model less famous.

Retorus

Michael Sheen and Rachel McAdams on a FGW HST from Paddington to Swansea.

premier01

The Queen and Prince Phillip-Royal Train at Preston Station for Golden Jubilee visit in 2005

Jimmy White- 1998- On a Northbound VT from Euston- 1st

Graham Norton- 1999- Manchester Piccadilly to Euston- 1st

Chris Gibb- 2010- Preston to Euston- 1st- VT Chief Operating Officer :)

Steven James- Steve Mc Donald from Coronation Street-2011- Getting off a TPE at Manchester Oxford Road

Hairy Bikers- November 2011- Euston going Northbound on a VT Pendolino-1st

Last edited:

robschopper

HMQ and D of E at Llandudno and Welshpool.
P of W at Ammanford.
William and Harry at Northampton.
Tony Blair and John Prescott at Milton Keynes.
Richard Griffiths (Harry Potters uncle) at Coventry, regular traveller.
Recurring celebrity passenger George Melly, in a multi-coloured suit on a Bedford to Pancras Thameslink, p*ssed (him,not me).
My personal favourite, Cherie Lunghi, at Coventry. Nice conversation, beautiful lady.

gswindale

Nearly missed a train from Swansea in May 1999 thanks to Prince Charles. Can't remember if I actually saw him though. Was in too much of a hurry to buy my ticket that I'd allowed my normal 30 minutes for. How was I to know some Royal was visiting?

campcrusader

Saw Lord Mandelson (in Standard Class) on a very crowded train from Paddington on a day of delays (I've no idea where he was going, I alighted at Swindon), and sat behind David Dimbleby on the train to Totnes...

Ed Milliband ( and family ) at Barnstaple today, sold him a single to London.

PFX

Timothy Spall - receiving abuse from some jakeys on the platform who were banging the window next to us. He gave them the rigid digit and shouted **** off. Most amusing.

bantamjim

Normally I'm terrible at recognising celebrities, but...

Justin Lee-Collins at Temple Meads
A camera crew filming some daytime TV presenter I don't know the name of getting off the train at Sheffield, presumably for a "We're in Sheffield today!" piece.

Not great claims to fame I'll admit!!

Jobsworth

Roy Cropper (Corrie) at Paddington -mannerisms just like his character. Think his real name is David Neilson.

Norman Bowler aka Frank Tate (Emmerdale) at Bristol TM

John Redwood & Glenda Jackson on Bristol - Padd trains.

Once sat behind the Princess Royal - a regular train user.

Lord Ashdown trying to get to Yeovil where he used to be the MP

Nick Clegg - just about managed a grunt when I opened a coach door for him

Prince Michael of Kent when he had a power car named after him.

Charlie Dimmock asked me where she could get alcohol

Charlie and Camilla - helped lay out the red carpet

Prince Edward and entourage - no time for anyone who couldn't hack Royal Marine training

NIMBUS

The Bristol mentions have reminded me that I also saw Derek Thompson (Charlie Fairhead, from Casualty) at Temple Meads - back in the days before they moved production to Cardiff.

ChristopherJ

I've had the pleasure to meet glamour model Carla Brown on the Underground, spoke with her for a couple of minutes at Mile End station and needless to say - it made my day. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Brown

carla_brown_02_240x400.jpg

Requeststop

William Hague when he was the joke as Leader of the Opposition at New Street during the 2001 General Election with all the press and media mob. My opinion of him is the same as when I first came across him in my living room at the famous Tory conference speech when he was 16 - and it's still unprintable today!

Seb Coe a few times at Camborne Station when he was MP for the area. Good if not great sportsman - dreadful politician.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
John Prescott @ Kings Cross right in the middle of the whole "two jags" scandal... surprised me a bit, he strolled off my train and went straight for a taxi!

I sat with Prescott, not on a train but a plane - from Heathrow to Plymouth - I went onto Newquay and he was on Any Questions that night promising to keep the flights to the South west from Heathrow - what happens when he becomes transport supremo in Government? Flights to the South west transferred to Gatwick. Now - no flights to London - except 1, Plymouth airport closed.

Never trust a politician especially one in Government!

Last edited:

Evvy73

Again, not exactly sure if they count as "Famous", but:-
Neil Pearson (Actor from Between the Lines, Drop the Dead Donkey, etc.) at Lewes, on his way (like me) to watch Lewes FC.
Su Pollard (Actress from Hi-de-hi) on a Thameslink/FCC heading northwards from Brighton
Ian Smith (Actor from Neighbours) at Brighton Station. He was in Panto in the town at the time.

My Mum also sat opposite Dame Maggie Smith for quite a while on a journey southbound from London Victoria, passing the time of day with her. Only problem was she couldn't remember her name and kept referring to her as "That lady off the telly". It was only months later when she and my Dad were watching TV that she suddenly screamed "That's her! That's the lady I was talking to on the train!" that we all found out who it was! :lol:

Jose Mourinho and the rest of the Inter team.
Jenson Button.
The late great Henry Cooper.
Simon Pegg - Spaced, Shaun of the Dead etc.
Daniel O'Donnell - Irish singer and grannies favorite.
David Trimble - Ex First Minister of Northern Ireland and Nobel Peace Prize winner.
Ben Elton.
Alun Armstrong - Actor 'New Tricks' wouldn't have recognised him if he hadn't shown me his Freedom Pass with his name on!
The Railway Legend that is 'Kitkat'

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
Best I've managed is the bloke who played Finchy in The Office on a LDS KGX train some months back.

VTPreston_Tez

Andy Flintoff at Preston, and a few football players and newsreaders. My mum has also seen Mark Owen on the Windermere train boarding at PRE!
Also a countless number of others :D

Status
Not open for further replies.