• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fancy building a route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORTH STAR

I used Routebuilder for my first couple of attempts at writing routes and after I had got started, opened up the .csv file it created and that helped me to understand the required format. I then experimented by adding a few commands I had read in the .csv tutorial on Damon's site, using TrackViewer to see the results. Went from there really... I often open up other routes to see how other authors use things like .pretrain and how they 'lay' their junctions etc.

My real problems will probably begin when the scenery building really gets underway.. :(

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
eezypeazy said:
Route building can't be all that difficult if I can do it... for example, this

Carlisle1.jpg

is a screenshot of some of the tracklaying I've done tonight ... it's about a kilometre, and will represent the southbound exit from Carlisle... yes, lots more to do, but this much was only two hours work...

eezypeazy

that the railtrack to heaven? looks like clouds lol, nah looks good mate.

eezypeazy

Sorry to have rather hijacked this thread, but I'm just trying to make the point that route building isn't too difficult...

Since publishing the track screen shot, I've laid the track to represent London Road and Petteril Bridge junctions (where the S & C leaves the Tyne Valley) as far as the M6; I've laid half the track to Wetheral, to get it roughly positioned so that the curves are in about the right places; I've started work on Wetheral Station, building the central run of platform, shown here:

yg0x8z.jpg

My first station on a curve, and I think RouteBuilder and I have done a reasonable job of it....

So far, Carlisle to Wetheral has taken about four hours' work at the pc.... admittedly, I've modified existing objects to make the scenes, so it would have taken longer if I was starting completely from scratch.

I'm publishing reasonably frequent updates to my fotopic site at http://eezypeazy.fotopic.net/, should you be interested in following my progress.

Edit - TB - I've corrected your Fotopic URL :)

Tom B

Established Member
Nice shots Eezypeazy! I've taken the liberty of correcting your fotopic URL :). And nice crossing gates!

Things really do "come together", unfortunately I've not had time to touch BVE development for weeks but when I'm actively doing it I can speed along. Particularly enjoyable is object building... which is good as I have Cockfosters station coming up pretty soon!

eezypeazy

Yes, once you've got "up to speed", you can really motor along... I managed to photograph the 156 set in Leeds - Sheffield livery at Lincoln on Easter Sunday. The set is often seen in the North East. Here, I've placed it crossing the River Wear in Sunderland.

yg0oen.jpg

The passing train object will eventually find its way to the object download section of my site. It's essentially a reskin of my existing 156... took about two hours to do.

eezypeazy

The Snap

Established Member
eezypeazy said:
Yes, once you've got "up to speed", you can really motor along... I managed to photograph the 156 set in Leeds - Sheffield livery at Lincoln on Easter Sunday. The set is often seen in the North East. Here, I've placed it crossing the River Wear in Sunderland.

yg0oen.jpg

The passing train object will eventually find its way to the object download section of my site. It's essentially a reskin of my existing 156... took about two hours to do.

eezypeazy

Lovely passing train there eezypeazy! :D

Coxster

Established Member
Have you thought of using a different track texture, EezyPeazy?

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Have you thought of using a different track texture, EezyPeazy?

I suggested this a few weeks ago, but as far as I know, eezypeazy is more than happy with the track, as he feels it captures what the line's track is really like. ;)

eezypeazy

Rich said:
I suggested this a few weeks ago, but as far as I know, eezypeazy is more than happy with the track, as he feels it captures what the line's track is really like. ;)
Thanks, Richard... yes, to me that track says dirty ballast, oily wooden sleepers, etc.....

eezypeazy

eezypeazy

Just to keep you all up to date, I've added the 156 in Leeds-Sheffield livery to the object downloads on my site. For convenience, it's bundled together with my original 156, in a two-train "pack". Click my signature to go to my site.

Cheers

eezypeazy

Status
Not open for further replies.