• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fantasy Football 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
Once again, it's back!

RailUK Premiership :: 16775-6118

This league is in the classic format, and has proved to be very popular over the past few years. If you want to join this league, please use the code above. Entries will be accepted at anytime.

RailUK Championship :: 16775-6139

The head to head league. The way this works is similar to a normal league. Your players still accrue points as per normal, but your team is matched against another from the same league, with the highest scoring team getting the 3 points. If it's a draw, both teams get 1 point. Again, to join this league, use the code above. Please note, due to this league being head to head, the deadline for entries will automatically close on the 18th August at 11:30. After that, it will be impossible to add more teams.

If interested, then goto http://fantasy.premierleague.com to register (or rejoin if you have played in the past), and join 1 or more leagues.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
Ah, looking forward to entering this! Bring on the competition then eh ;)

SS4

Established Member
I'm already picking my team although really it's still far too early

David

Established Member
I'm already picking my team although really it's still far too early

Remember, you can make unlimited changes up until the 11:30 deadline on 18th August. What I've done, is I've used the auto complete option for now, and i'll pick my team closer to the big kick off ....

I can't complain too much at the team I've been given though, as it's chosen Phil Jones, Demba Ba, Arshavin, Dzeko, Ramires and Aaron Lennon in my team. Just a bit of fine tuning required!

SS4

Established Member
I am using my previous season (apparently I joined automatically?): I am Mr X and my team is Electric Eye

gnolife

Established Member
I've joined this - and I'm sure you can guess who I am and which team is mine :D

David

Established Member
A quick reminder for those thinking of entering the fantasy football league(s).

The deadline for the RailUK Championship will automatically close at 11:30 on Saturday. After this, it will be impossible to enter any more teams as it is a head to head league. Currently, there is 11 teams signed up for the league.

The deadline for making changes to your squad for any league is also 11:30 on Saturday. After that you will be bound to the rules as set out on the fantasy football league website.

In the RailUK Premiership, there is currently 21 teams signed up. While you can join this league after the deadline, you will not be included in gameweek 1 results, and will start from the following gameweek.

The website and the codes needed to join either league are listed in the first post of this topic.

Good luck to all who have entered.

My team is Cider Drinkers FC, haven't done one of these before but i'm really liking my team.
Bring on Saturday!

Tramfan

I've joined both, my team is NUFC_Chris and I'm looking to defend my title in the classic league after an amazing stroke of luck on the last day of the season!

David

Established Member
Welcome back! May your title defense be like Scunthorpe United season last year - full of injuries and inconsistancy! :P :lol:

adtrainz

Back again; different team this time, better league finish hopefully!

Can this be made sticky again?

(Come on you Reagles!)

David

Established Member
I wonder how many people got Aguero in their squad and are now regretting picking him ....

richw

Veteran Member
I have Rooney as captain, Fellini would have been a good pick, but I forgot about him when I did my team

SS4

Established Member
Me :(

Still, it could have been worse - I nearly picked Dempsey :lol:

Me too :(

But +1 for not choosing Dempsey either. My strikers are all lop-sided, giving Odemwingie (sp?) a go. Gives me some more cash but SAF really needs to start playing Rooney and Van Persie together or it'll be another case of using a wildcard early.

On the bright side I should get some points when Foster is subbed in for Sorenson

Robinson

I'll probably need to use an early wildcard soon. I set that team up pretty much reliant on Chelsea's 2 matches in week 1; I'm not confident Lampard for one will be on every week...

SS4

Established Member
I need Kagawa to get crocked tomorrow - most of the teams above me have him in them :lol:

Better yet every Man Utd striker who isn't RVP out for the season <D. I've made seven transfers for gameweek 4 already thus using my wildcard at the same point as last season :lol:

David

Established Member
I'm going to have to use my wildcard soon I think! Scott Sinclair has just been transfered out, as now he is at Man City, I don't think he will be playing that much....

richw

Veteran Member
I've Yaya Toure as Captain this week, and crouchy made my week, 1 assist and 1 goal for Crouchy. toure goal as captain means at least 14 pts, havent looked at if he got any other points yet. Crouchy was my cheap fill the space striker, and what a week he picked to perform well, he is my 1st sub, and as Chelsea dont have a match in gameweek 3, he will be on the team replacing one of the chelsea players in my team.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Methinks my Wildcard will be used very soon! Half of my squad are either not in the EPL any more, are injured and out for a good long while, or have looked very average so far...

richw

Veteran Member
Some of the cheaper players seem to be excelling, West Brom and Swansea players looking a good bet to fill the spaces once you have bought your key players!
Think i need a new gk Joe Hart hasnt kept a clean sheet yet!

SS4

Established Member
F*cking hell Van Persie, why the smeg are you showboating!

edit: at least he's made up for it with a hat trick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.