• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fantasy: you can modify any train design or livery in any way you would like.

Which part of a train would you like to change most?

• Livery

• Engine/Transmission

• Vehicles (Length, Design)

• Interior Layout (Seating, Toilets, Buffet/Shop)

• Formation/Multiple Working Ability

• Coupling Mechanism

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatvoyager

Established Member
In terms of interiors, I'd like to see better lighting in new trains too, which aren't too bright.

greatvoyager

Established Member
Maybe they could offer some seats they will pay for and have like a place the public can go to see what they r like and vote on which they like or am I being daft
I think that it would be good to have public opinion, although I fear they would never be able to please everyone.

Anonymous10

Established Member
I suppose, perhaps an alternative would be one Std class carriage of a different type of seat with more legroom marketed as Premium Standard.
Or as I say have the 3 favourite ones they r prepared to install as voted by publiv

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Or as I say have the 3 favourite ones they r prepared to install as voted by publiv

Ah, but they've got to recoup the costs of the more expensive but more comfortable seats somehow otherwise they'll just ignore people and go for the cheapest option regardless

Anonymous10

Established Member
Ah, but they've got to recoup the costs of the more expensive but more comfortable seats somehow otherwise they'll just ignore people and go for the cheapest option regardless
Personally I think some journeys are expensive enough and or the government should pay more towards rail like the rest of europe

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I wonder if there is a way to make cheap, ergonomic seats for trains?

Cheap, yes. Very easy, for cheapness how about those plastic stacking chairs they use in schools?

It's been done before! ;)

Ergonomic though, that's different not sure one can do ergonomic and cheap tbh

greatvoyager

Established Member
Cheap, yes. Very easy, for cheapness how about those plastic stacking chairs they use in schools?

It's been done before! ;)

Ergonomic though, that's different not sure one can do ergonomic and cheap tbh
That is true... I don't think I've ever had a completely comfortable seat. Some come close, but I haven't found the perfect seat yet.

Doomotron

Established Member
That is true... I don't think I've ever had a completely comfortable seat. Some come close, but I haven't found the perfect seat yet.
Since seat comfort is subjective, your perfect seat might be my worst nightmare... Ideally seat designers need to compromise.

Status
Not open for further replies.