• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fare Evasion + ADHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
I'm surprised that Greater Anglia only offer payment by cheque or premium rate telephone line rather than the more obvious route. I guess it's because they know people will probably pay for the premium rate call.
It's not likely to be anything other than keeping a number they've used for years. Whilst 0870 numbers are charged at a higher than normal rate by most networks, the called party does not receive any amount of the cost of the call.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It's not likely to be anything other than keeping a number they've used for years. Whilst 0870 numbers are charged at a higher than normal rate by most networks, the called party does not receive any amount of the cost of the call.

Or rather, they're not supposed to. That's not to say it doesn't ever happen...

Well, it's been against OFCOM rules for thirteen years, so I rather doubt anyone has failed to adapt.

Suffice to say there are a significant number of smaller telecoms providers with 084x, 087x number ranges, and some are more scrupulous than others. But we are substantially OT here.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Suffice to say there are a significant number of smaller telecoms providers with 084x, 087x number ranges, and some are more scrupulous than others. But we are substantially OT here.
We are off topic, but if you know of such providers you should report them to OFCOM.

island

Veteran Member
I didn't say anything about 084x or 087x, only specifically 0870. 084, 0871, and many other prefixes are allowed to revenue share.

however as Haywain and you both note, we are now getting OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.