• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fare evasion. One word against another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Simplydb, I'm sorry that your son is in this position. The simple B.R. system of paying the difference is long gone and now everyone is a potential criminal.
The simple BR difference of paying the difference did not exist any more than it does now. BR were quite happy to take people to court.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

StateOfPlay

From the OP...
Ignorance is no excuse.

When he was asked for his ticket by the warden he asked for he railcard to which my son went and fetched it from his bag and gave it to him. After doing so the warden told my son that it was out of date my son looked and apologised that he didn't realise as he rarely catches a train and stated he had his military ID which has Been sufficient in the past.

As you can see if you read the post he had his pass, it was out of date, he also had his military pass. Why do you call him ignorant?

jon0844

Veteran Member
As you can see if you read the post he had his pass, it was out of date, he also had his military pass. Why do you call him ignorant?

What relevance is a military pass? That's not a railcard is it? You need to buy one of those, and renew as necessary.

I thought we'd done all the comparisons of why a 90 year old can't expect to pay less for a ticket without a senior railcard, simply because age means a railcard is available.

Anyone in the south east can buy a Network Railcard. Not everyone does, but they can't go buying discounted tickets then claim that they shouldn't be penalised...

Simplydb

Thanks Dave I understand now and everyone else for your support. I'll be speaking to legal advice.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This thread will remain locked. If the OP needs further assistance they are welcome to PM myself or any other member of the staff team and we shall unlock this thread for them to post and get additional help.

I would also like to remind everyone of the guidance that we require people to follow when posting to this section. Posts which do not comply will be removed:

Guidance for those giving advice

The purpose of the Disputes and Prosecutions forum is to provide advice for anyone who has encountered difficulties during or after their rail journey.

Regardless of whether the person in question admits their guilt, or believes that they are completely innocent, everyone who seeks help is entitled to receive advice. We would usually expect these 4 aims to be addressed in a disputes thread:

1. Establish the facts of the case
2. Ensure the correct process was followed by the rail official dealing with the issue
3. Check the OP understands what has happened
4. Explain the options available to resolve the matter to the OP

For the benefit of the OP we will not permit off topic discussion, any such posts are likely to be deleted. For instance a debate about whether current rail industry practice could be improved, or about the complex nature of the railway ticketing system is not helpful to the OP. The Disputes section of the RailUK Fares & Ticketing Guide covers current practice; should you wish to discuss such practices or your ideas for changes to them, you must post this in a separate thread in the appropriate forum.

If you spot any problem in a particular thread, please report relevant post(s) to us using the report button (
picture.php
) rather than calling for moderator action in public. Due to the sheer number of posts on this forum, we are unable to review every single thread therefore unless reported to us, we may not notice every request made in this manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.