• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fare from Worthing [WRH] to East Croydon [ECR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainBoy98

Hi, does anyone know the price of a return ticket for 2 adults and 2 children on Monday 6th August (returning same day) leaving WRH at 5:41am and returning anytime (we have a family and friends railcard if that helps?). We asked at the station and the price was over £80, but I wondered if any of you know a cheaper price or whether ticket splitting would help?

Another question I had is how long would it take to get from ECR to Earls Court (By Tramlink then District Line) ?

Many thanks,

Callum

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjohnson

Splitting at Gatwick usually saves on these routes; normal anytime day return WRH-ECR is £40.90, the Gatwick split brings it down to £24.90.

TrainBoy98

Splitting at Gatwick usually saves on these routes; normal anytime day return WRH-ECR is £40.90, the Gatwick split brings it down to £24.90.

Thanks, but is this each person or for all all the people (2 adults and 2 children) stated in the OP? Also, would this allow us to leave on the stated train? Thanks again.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Callum, please can you ensure that you use the full names of stations when you post, as not everyone is familiar with all of the codes. We do not want to alienate visitors to the forums, we want our threads and discussions to be as accessible as possible.

Thank you

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I have had a look on NRE and the options coming up are very expensive, at over £100.

However Southern are offering an online discount of £27.90.
The only problem is, is that that fare is only valid on the 8:35 and 8:42 trains and as you want to be leaving at 20 to 6, this may disrupt your plans.

The above fare is an anytime day return so you can depart East Croydon anytime you want.

Splitting at various places doesn't really save much, if at all. If you want to leave at 5:41, you might have to pay a lot.

Happy to help
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Callum, please can you ensure that you use the full names of stations when you post, as not everyone is familiar with all of the codes. We do not want to alienate visitors to the forums, we want our threads and discussions to be as accessible as possible.

Thank you

WRH=Worthing
ECR=East Croydon

TrainBoy98

Thank you

Ok, will do next time.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
We have to leave on the 5:41 as my mum has been given tickets to the Olympic Volleyball at Earls Court and we have to be there a long while before the event actually starts. Thanks for all the help though :)

island

Veteran Member
Then tickets to Boundary Zone 6 will do and might be cheaper.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
We have to leave on the 5:41 as my mum has been given tickets to the Olympic Volleyball at Earls Court and we have to be there a long while before the event actually starts. Thanks for all the help though :)

Ok I understand, I am sorry that I am unable to help you any more. Do enjoy your time in London mate :D

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
If you book at a station rather than use the dedicated link provided in the post above, it will be expensive as you cannot get F&F Railcard discount for travel at that time in the morning on a weekday, in which case it will cost £40.90 per adult and £20.45 per child.

John @ home

Established Member
it wont let me go to east croydon?
Don't try to book to East Croydon. The tickets for Games ticket holders are issued to the special destination "LONDON GAMES". Just enter London as the destination in the link supplied by MikeWh.

OwlMan

Established Member
It is Southern - there are special prices for Olympic Travel (If you had read the information that came with your tickets you wouls have seen this)

Peter

johnnycache

For Games tickets Railcard time restrictions are waived.

The Games tickets are for a special destination "London Games" not specific stations.

Lad Brookes

If you're going to Earl's Court from Worthing, you're probably better off travelling to West Brompton instead, as it can be done with only one change at Clapham Junction.
West Brompton station is only a couple of minutes walk from Earl's Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.