• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fare revision date

Status
Not open for further replies.

clagmonster

Established Member
Would anybody please be able to supply me with the date of the January 2020 fares round, and indeed future fare revision dates. I have in my head 2nd January but I am not certain.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
January 2nd has been fixed for the last few years regardless of what day it falls on. The other two dates are generally a Sunday.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Provisional dates for the next few fares rounds are as follows:
  • NFM34 - Sunday 8th September 2019
  • NFM35 - Thursday 2nd January 2020
  • NFM36 - Sunday 17th May 2020
  • NFM37 - Sunday 6th September 2020
  • NFM38 - Saturday 2nd January 2021

Previously the January fares change date was either the first or second Sunday in January - which didn't always coincide with the TfL fares change - but it was changed to 2nd January a year or two after TfL moved to a fixed date.

trainophile

Established Member
Provisional dates for the next few fares rounds are as follows:
  • NFM34 - Sunday 8th September 2019
  • NFM35 - Thursday 2nd January 2020
  • NFM36 - Sunday 17th May 2020
  • NFM37 - Sunday 6th September 2020
  • NFM38 - Saturday 2nd January 2021

Previously the January fares change date was either the first or second Sunday in January - which didn't always coincide with the TfL fares change - but it was changed to 2nd January a year or two after TfL moved to a fixed date.

What do the NFM numbers mean please?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I believe numbers increment at each change (potentially up to 99) then reset to 01

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Oh they don't refer to any particular routes or other criteria then?
Sounds like you're a bit confused; the fares database covers all routes.

Curious as to what went up today, 8th September.
The question about which fares have risen is a completely separate question.

(Furthermore, some fares do also rise outside the traditional fares setting round dates :()

trainophile

Established Member
Okay, sorry for misunderstanding. I wasn't sure what the list of NFM numbers with respective dates actually means. I will watch out for other posts on this thread from people who do understand it! :s

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Okay, sorry for misunderstanding. I wasn't sure what the list of NFM numbers with respective dates actually means. I will watch out for other posts on this thread from people who do understand it! :s
They are the fares round dates, in other words the dates when fares can change, as per the original question (notwithstanding the fact that some fares change at other times too!)

It's not just prices that change, but new fares can be introduced, unregulated fares can be abolished, and restriction codes or their associated data can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.