• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

Fares related help (FGW mainly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick W

Established Member
Hi

I wondered if anyone such as yorkie could help me. I need to get from Penzance back to Ipswich as cheaply as possible on 20th July (yes I've left it a bit late) or if not possible, the day before. Ideally not getting to ipswich ever so late.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
There is a First Minute Fare on the 1005 PNZ - PAD 1505 for £27.50 or FC for £36.50, then get a Z1 & 2 T/c then 1630 or 1600 to Ipswich for £10 on a "one" advance single, or FC for £15

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Nick W said:
Hi

I wondered if anyone such as yorkie could help me. I need to get from Penzance back to Ipswich as cheaply as possible on 20th July (yes I've left it a bit late) or if not possible, the day before. Ideally not getting to ipswich ever so late.

Thanks in advance.
PENZANCE to FELIXSTOWE

ONE FIRST ADVANCE SINGLE 1

Code:
PENZANCE                     10:05    Train    FIRST GREAT WESTERN   
LONDON PADDINGTON   15:05    15:05    Tube*        
LONDON LIVERP'L ST  16:00    16:00    Train    ONE RAILWAY   
IPSWICH             17:08    17:26    Train    ONE RAILWAY   
FELIXSTOWE          17:51

(Same price/timings to Ipswich)

OK that's £9 more but for First Class it's worth it.

A combination in Standard will cost significantly more and won't include the Tube.

(BTW this is an adult ticket)
[EDIT]
Jim said:
There is a First Minute Fare on the 1005 PNZ - PAD 1505 for £27.50 or FC for £36.50, then get a Z1 & 2 T/c then 1630 or 1600 to Ipswich for £10 on a "one" advance single, or FC for £15
Hint: FC is cheaper on One than FGW, and One own that flow. ;)

It used to be cheaper to book on GNER than FGW, and simply discard the GNER bit, but not now FGW finally joined the 21st century and introduced advance singles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.