• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fares related help (FGW mainly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick W

Established Member
Hi

I wondered if anyone such as yorkie could help me. I need to get from Penzance back to Ipswich as cheaply as possible on 20th July (yes I've left it a bit late) or if not possible, the day before. Ideally not getting to ipswich ever so late.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
There is a First Minute Fare on the 1005 PNZ - PAD 1505 for £27.50 or FC for £36.50, then get a Z1 & 2 T/c then 1630 or 1600 to Ipswich for £10 on a "one" advance single, or FC for £15

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Nick W said:
Hi

I wondered if anyone such as yorkie could help me. I need to get from Penzance back to Ipswich as cheaply as possible on 20th July (yes I've left it a bit late) or if not possible, the day before. Ideally not getting to ipswich ever so late.

Thanks in advance.
PENZANCE to FELIXSTOWE

ONE FIRST ADVANCE SINGLE 1
spacer.gif

Code:
PENZANCE                     10:05    Train    FIRST GREAT WESTERN   
LONDON PADDINGTON   15:05    15:05    Tube*        
LONDON LIVERP'L ST  16:00    16:00    Train    ONE RAILWAY   
IPSWICH             17:08    17:26    Train    ONE RAILWAY   
FELIXSTOWE          17:51

(Same price/timings to Ipswich)

OK that's £9 more but for First Class it's worth it.

A combination in Standard will cost significantly more and won't include the Tube.

(BTW this is an adult ticket)
[EDIT]
Jim said:
There is a First Minute Fare on the 1005 PNZ - PAD 1505 for £27.50 or FC for £36.50, then get a Z1 & 2 T/c then 1630 or 1600 to Ipswich for £10 on a "one" advance single, or FC for £15
Hint: FC is cheaper on One than FGW, and One own that flow. ;)

It used to be cheaper to book on GNER than FGW, and simply discard the GNER bit, but not now FGW finally joined the 21st century and introduced advance singles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.