• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fares using CH + AW only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seen a recent thread regarding fares valid only on Chiltern and Arriva Wales, I had a play around for a friend's possible journey from Marylebone to the NW.

National Rail Enquiries came up with the CH+AW fare I expected, but also allowed travel using West Midlands Trains north from Birmingham.

I realise that travel with a printed itinerary would be valid, but can anyone say whether this is actually a valid route and whether a passenger would be likely to have problems without an itinerary?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
Is there no 'Via High Wycombe' fare available? If there is one for only a few pounds more then that would clearly be preferable.

Some cost the same e.g. Wrexham General to London Terminals.

Is there no 'Via High Wycombe' fare available? If there is one for only a few pounds more then that would clearly be preferable.

Some cost the same e.g. Wrexham General to London Terminals.

I searched for 'via High Wycombe' and NRE came up with the CH+AW fare, saying valid only on CH+AW, but giving an itinerary using WMT.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Having seen a recent thread regarding fares valid only on Chiltern and Arriva Wales, I had a play around for a friend's possible journey from Marylebone to the NW.

National Rail Enquiries came up with the CH+AW fare I expected, but also allowed travel using West Midlands Trains north from Birmingham.

I realise that travel with a printed itinerary would be valid, but can anyone say whether this is actually a valid route and whether a passenger would be likely to have problems without an itinerary?

If you bought CH+AW tickets and received an itinerary which included WMT then you could (well, should) not be charged anything extra for following your itinerary. If you are, I would have thought you would be entitled to recover this from the retailer. If you are refused travel - such as at the notorious Euston barriers - then any resultant additional fare paid should be recoverable, or alternatively you may be entitled to delay compensation.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
c
If you can detail the itinerary I will check it for you.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
How much does CH&ATW only cost? Is it £50.50?

If you're travelling from Chester there is a rather better fare available.

Status
Not open for further replies.