• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farewell Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Julian G said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
goodbye Thameslink :(

How did I know Julian was going to poat in this thread! :p

Anyways, farewell Thameslink, and nice pics Rich. (Will any of the Thameslink livered trains be preserved in that livery?)

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
(Will any of the Thameslink livered trains be preserved in that livery?)
They're called Class 319s and if they are preserved, how the hell are we meant to know what livery they'll be in?! :rolleyes:

Tom B

Established Member
Coxster said:
They're called Class 319s and if they are preserved, how the hell are we meant to know what livery they'll be in?! :rolleyes:

I presume he means preserved in that livery i.e. kept in that livery by the new owners.

Since it's First, the first thing to happen will be everything being daubed bright pink. The second thing is that fares will go up, the third that the service frequency will decrease....

richa2002

Established Member
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. It will certainly be sad when the clock hits 02:00 :(

Thameslink now has 3 hours left.
Farewell_TL.jpg

T

Tom

May not work, may work!

[swf]http://www.railuk.org/tc/terminate.swf[/swf]

Coxster

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Since it's First, the first thing to happen will be everything being daubed bright pink
They haven't touched the livery on the Turbos yet except by means of adding their logos although I'm sure that'll soon change when the new franchise officially starts. I suppose we'll have Class 150s in Barbie!

richa2002

Established Member
That's my shot by the way and I did ask you to put my name on it. Take it down now because you just assumed you could get away with it.

T

Tom

Your name IS on it, in the corner of the photo. I definately put it in!

richa2002

Established Member
I'm sorry but you haven't. I've zoomed into the .wsf and there is no mention... So can you take it down please.

Coxster

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
I'm sorry but you haven't. I've zoomed into the .wsf and there is no mention... So can you take it down please.
He has put it in big now in the top left corner. It DEFINATELY wasn't on there before though.

T

Tom

It was, it turned out that the way that Imageready had converted it made it screw it up.

Coxster

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
'This franchise terminates here' ;)
Yes, but imagine if that was a message on the train such as:

"This train is for Brighton calling at Flitwick, Harlington, Leagrave, Luton, Luton Airport Parkway..." and so on. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.