• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farewell Wessex Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
A few shots of the final evenings WT services in Trowbridge and Wesbury can be found at http://dennis-lance.fotopic.net/c908532.html. The lighting was absolutely dire - it was nearly dark when I headed out at ~18.00 so I'm sure these are not the best pictures of the day which will be posted.

Things were a bit different tonight, RIP notices showing on the departure screens, a few units carrying "farewell Wessex Trains" notices and free travel. Some First posters went up at Trowbridge today (although the new timetable posters do not have any First branding). Much debranding is still to be done - I would guesstimate about a third of all units still had some Wessex branding. The Westbury PA was also still announcing Wessex Trains services.

Left Jim doing an all nighter at Westbury!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
I will puplish my shots later today, after my overnighter, report on the story board

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Some nice shots in there Dennis. I'll get my final Wessex Trains photos up today too, although my handful were taken on 158961 in Newport on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.