• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farnborough Hellfire 27/5/08 [Large IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
I'm a man of honesty Mr Loader, if something's crap I'll say that, because lying will eventually cause upset.

Theres a diffrence between honesty and out right rudeness. If you don't like it then fine, no one is making you to. But could you not put it in a better manner?

Correct names will be used, thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crompton Karl

I'm a man of honesty Mr Toaster, if something's crap I'll say that, because lying will eventually cause upset.

Honesty is usually a very good policy, however, the problem I see is that people are just commenting on his photos but not giving him any feedback on how to improve them the next time.

Also the way some of the comments on this thread are not what I would expect from an adult in my opinion. If you do not rate one of his photos don't just say "they're Crap" as I think a statement like that is very immature I would suggest actually give some feedback - constructive criticism is the way forward :).

I'm now 30 and you know what? I am still learning how to use my DSLR after years of using film. I would gratefully accept any constructive criticism about any of my photos, from any age group younger or older and because they had given constructive criticism they would have my respect, I'd take it on board and try to make the next set of photos better. However, if someone gave me "its crap" and didn't justify why or have anything constructive to say I'd just ignore the comment as plain immature. If they said it to my face - well then they would get my size 12 where the sun didn't shine ;);)

RJ

Established Member
Of course your photos are the best, each time with nothing wrong with him.

Fair enough some joking around but you do seem pretty harsh on Fred at times.

In some cases you have to be cruel to be kind - Fred does ask for comments but handles criticism badly and I don't think he appreciates the use of terms such as underexposure, shutter speed or even tripod :shock:

class 313

Established Member
In some cases you have to be cruel to be kind - Fred does ask for comments but handles criticism badly and I don't think he appreciates the use of terms such as underexposure, shutter speed or even tripod :shock:

I agree with you, but its the way that some people can reply to it. I admit Fred can make a right tit out of himself. But to be constantly laying down on him like some peolpe do, what good will come of it?

Established Member
FARNBOROUGH!!! :D

(Sorry - I have nothing else to say (certainly nothing constructive) on this matter :oops:)

I was hoping the horns would wake you Damon ;), Thanks for the nice comments class313,emunit. :grin:

RJ

Established Member
Thanks for the nice comments class313,emunit. :grin:

So all you care about is being told what you want to hear - never mind the constructive advice given by Crompton Karl. And you wonder why people take the p*ss...

Established Member
So all you care about is being told what you want to hear - never mind the constructive advice given by Crompton Karl. And you wonder why people take the p*ss...

You never say anything Nice, its always bugger off I'm photting the same freaking tractors 1200 times:neutral:

Crompton Karl

In his defence Fred did MSN me his thanks for the feedback i gave him :) Hey but it's nice for some public recognition RJ ;) :D :lol:

Karl :)

nath9425

When Fred starts to understand what we are actually telling him is for his own good I'm sure we will get a big opoligy to us all saying thank you - Maybe not.

But I think we shouldn't be one sided on whom we do or don't like. I mean yes Fred can be annoying at times, then again can't we all. At the end of the day if Fred doesn't want to listen to us then stuff him. We all know what we want why bother with others eh?

RJ

Established Member
When Fred starts to understand what we are actually telling him is for his own good I'm sure we will get a big opoligy to us all saying thank you - Maybe not.

At the end of the day its up to him whether he wants to act in such a way that attracts p*ss taking - don't hold your breath for an opoligy (sic).

Established Member
At the end of the day its up to him whether he wants to act in such a way that attracts p*ss taking - don't hold your breath for an opoligy (sic).

I don't act in that way, I welcome it. Its when people start getting rude about it then thats just mean.

Phoenix

Established Member
I would think the most adult thing to do is to ignore it if you don't like a post then don't go off the rails about it.
Also I do realise I am getting to involved but the funny thing I found when asking Fred for his class 73 shot I found it to be a good shot just needing a few tweeks but actually rather than suggest this certain indvidual's decided to just say it's crap.

And come to think of it some member's such as the fab442 just love taking the P*ss anyway and every time I find a rude comment I laugh when I find out there actuall age which say's it all.

Finally I think if we all sat together in person rather than online alot of people would have less enthusiasm in putting Fred down.

class 313

Established Member
I would think the most adult thing to do is to ignore it if you don't like a post then don't go off the rails about it.
Also I do realise I am getting to involved but the funny thing I found when asking Fred for his class 73 shot I found it to be a good shot just needing a few tweeks but actually rather than suggest this certain indvidual's decided to just say it's crap.

And come to think of it some member's such as the fab442 just love taking the P*ss anyway and every time I find a rude comment I laugh when I find out there actuall age which say's it all.

Finally I think if we all sat together in person rather than online alot of people would have less enthusiasm in putting Fred down.

Why do I get the feeling you were at Rainham a few months ago, photting Eurostars. :?

RJ

Established Member
Its True, you've said to me bugger off a lot on msn, so why should I say nice things :roll:

Perhaps you should stick to hanging around people your age - it might benefit you more to become mature with them instead of trying to mix with people who don't understand you and get annoyed at you easily. When I was 13 I spent more time hanging around the street, going to the park on my bike and trips to the seaside than on the internet with older people. Enjoy being your age, once you're older, there's no going back.

The days all I worried about was completing my football sticker collection and having the best set of Pokemon cards - life was so much simpler :lol:

thefab444

Established Member

crappyphot.JPG

Blurred and Orange!

You are just sticking up for Fred because you don't like me as I know how to spelling and use apostrophes correctly. The fact is, in life, moral high ground gets you nowhere except into stupid charities, whereas spelling might at least get you a job.

I agree with your comments RJ, although I can't say I was ever interested in Pokemon or Football Sticker Collections though! I now have to endure "Fred - I LOVE THAT BUBBLE FLYING BACON! FARNBOURGH! HELLFIRE AXC ON FRIDAY HELLFIRE !!!!" everytime I go on MSN... just goes to show he doesn't understand any of the comments posted. :roll:

Established Member
I can like the pretty Bubble if I want, I find it quite Amusing. We Can't all be like you John, Going everywhere for a phot, some of use don't phot a lot of things. When there is a good thing to Phot, I may have screwed the picture up, but I did get a video which came out quite well with the pig scream.

Crompton Karl

crappyphot.JPG

Blurred and Orange!

You are just sticking up for Fred because you don't like me as I know how to spelling and use apostrophes correctly. The fact is, in life, moral high ground gets you nowhere except into stupid charities, whereas spelling might at least get you a job.

Unfortunately, this comment proves my earlier point, you are just saying "blurred and orange" and not giving any feedback on how to correct the problem so he doesn't then make the same mistake again.

I would have said, unfortunately, the image is a little Blurred and Orange however, if you try a faster shutter speed, with a faster F-stop number should correct the problem next time. This would have been a fair comment, constructive criticism. If Fred then decides to ignore your comment, and proceed to make the same mistakes, then you have every right to feel upset with him.

With regard to you other comments; For crying out loud the lads only like 13 or 14, if you don't like seeing "Fred - I LOVE THAT BUBBLE FLYING BACON! FARNBOURGH! HELLFIRE AXC ON FRIDAY HELLFIRE !!!!" on MSN the simple answer is delete him from MSN and block his username then funnily enough you wont see it.

I know Fred can be a little annoying, but remember he's young, if you don't like him just ignore him, its as simple as that.

Karl :)

thefab444

Established Member
I have attempted to help him, for example, I suggested to use A mode on the camera. He then comes back saying he has used A, S, M and AUTO and has changed the White Balance 500 times! The well known method for trial and error is to only change one thing until you reach optimum performance, which Fred fails to follow.

With regards to White Balance, I actually fell foul of this Orange thing once, I took one photo - saw it was Orange and just went back to Normal - as I knew the only thing I had changed was the WB setting. However, if you change 90 things it would be hard, especially for the lesser brained, to work out what had gone wrong.

I've taken your advice on MSN though, and blocked him. If I feel like what has become to be known as a "Fred Bashing" session, I'll just get someone to invite him into a conversation. Suprisingly, he is only a year and a bit younger than me, yet when I was 13 I think my username was probably the same as it is now, just plain JDS. Certainly never "JAY DEE ESS - HELLFIRE I SAW A VOYAGER TODAY ON THE DOWN UP MAIN AT BRAISINGSTOKE" or the like.

I think we've strayed off topic here, but to be frank, it would be a dead topic without the baiting! :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I can like the pretty Bubble if I want, I find it quite Amusing. We Can't all be like you John, Going everywhere for a phot, some of use don't phot a lot of things. When there is a good thing to Phot, I may have screwed the picture up, but I did get a video which came out quite well with the pig scream.

I do not go "everywhere for a phot" as you seem to suggest. Take a look at my photo site and the locatons are mostly in my local area, with the odd expedition to Bristol (west), Didcot (north) or London (east). That is hardly Jamie Squibbs style magically being in Bescot one minute and Cockwood Harbour an hour later then polishing off with a few hours at Magor is it? I could just as easily - and do - say you never go anywhere beyond your front door step, predominantly because your Dad seems to block every single veg for an interesting working e.g. "Deltic on railtour on GWML" "Blah, I'll get Melon to see it"... "SERCO at Basingstoke" "Blah, I will see it on Thursday when I actually miss it".

Established Member
I'll listen to Advice, but you just gargle on about how I never see anything good and complain after complaint, Ive used A, I had my shutter speed quite low and F number on 5.6.

The point with msn is, that I put stuff like ''PRETTY BUBBLE'' as I like it, seeing as Ive never seen it before, and to see it about 4 times in 2 days is enjoyable!.
If you gave CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism, I'd be able to use it, but banging on, how crap and orange it is, is just ''...'', or when you say, ''HAHA, Crap, wrong sun''. Any ideas on how to improve?, nope straight out the window.

devon_metro

Established Member
"haha crap wrong sun"

Quite self explanatory I would have thought Young Frederick. Find out what locations are in sun at what time. Local knowledge and being able to read the direction of a map is always a useful skill I find.

thefab444

Established Member
I expect you know about the sun, if you didn't understand what I meant by 'Crap Sun', then you should've asked; I always consult Local Live and the very useful Sun Compass on Trainspots before vegging anywhere new.

If you've got the shutter speed low, that's probably part of the blurring problem. Bring the aperture up/down (can never remember which, but so that the F is more like 3.6-ish), you'll want 1/500 to be on the safe side for fast moving trains.

Phoenix

Established Member
crappyphot.JPG

Blurred and Orange!

I agree with your comments RJ, although I can't say I was ever interested in Pokemon or Football Sticker Collections though! I now have to endure "Fred - I LOVE THAT BUBBLE FLYING BACON! FARNBOURGH! HELLFIRE AXC ON FRIDAY HELLFIRE !!!!" everytime I go on MSN... just goes to show he doesn't understand any of the comments posted. :roll:

To be honest It's not just you im having a go but yes I dont like you ATM because you act immature and I think you need to grow up because your jokes are offensive and with no backbone to them.
and the fact is I do know how to spell properly but I dont use it here because I have to concentrate more because Im not the sharpest tool in the shed and thats why I stick up for people because people like you have such a fun time making it hard for other's and believe me I had to put up with it before.

so rather than feel like a victim read up how to actually give a ctrique and I may just butt out.
But like I said you take good shot's and you have good point's to make but it's stuff like you just said about charity work that leave's me thinking why.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.