• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farringdon Crossrail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LA50041

Established Member
I didn’t realise until today that there are entries in realtimetrains for the still to be opened Crossrail station at Farringdon.
I was trying to confirm what time my train from Brighton reached the existing Farringdon station yesterday, and autocomplete suggested two possibilities for Farringdon. For example, this came up...
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/G37080/2020-02-15/detailed
That’s an empty stock train, probably pathed to test the signalling etc. It runs as required but is in the system as a placeholder

Chris Butler

The dot matrix displays at Abbey Wood also show 'phantom' services.

The other thing is that the TfL fare system is acting as if the line is open. I can't remember the details, but some TfL fares are set as if you can get direct from Abbey Wood to Shoreditch. What difference that makes to which journeys completely escapes my memory though !

Status
Not open for further replies.