• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farringdon LUL signalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Foster

Looking through my pics I have a suspicion that c2012 Farringdon was still using EP point machines and dummy signals... Would this be correct please?
Thanks
:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Looking through my pics I have a suspicion that c2012 Farringdon was still using EP point machines and dummy signals... Would this be correct please?
Thanks
:D

Well - the mechanical disk - OH38 sems to be still there for the inner rail crossover move - observed that for very many years - be sorry to see it go.
Way back - actually did a move over it one Sunday night when the service was messed up ....on another occassion , there was a track fire so I went and found the LT supervisor , expecting the job to be stopped - he knew I was railway so he got me to flag down the next Circle line and stop it short , - (which the TOP did fair play) - positioned himself with a fire extinguisher and put the fire out in a few seconds, thanked me and the trains ran on....(the box was there and working then) --- think it is now on Baker Street for a while longer.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Pretty sure I heard a "whoosh bang" while standing on the platform at Aldgate East a few weeks back.

MarkyT

Established Member
Pretty sure I heard a "whoosh bang" while standing on the platform at Aldgate East a few weeks back.

A big advantage with those EP point machines is they're much faster than electro-mechanical and hydraulic types, useful at those insanely busy critical junctions on the subsurface network. I think the traditional train stops are all still pneumatic so whilst the air main is there they might as well continue to use it.

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
Yeah the EP whoosh bang point machines around Aldgate. P4 ect has the mechanical points since last year iirc and it seems to take ages to reverse I am more a fan of the whoosh bang type myself lol. Always wakes you up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.