• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fastest bus Preston to Blackpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
...but have not done so for several years.

They stopped doing that before the operation transfered from Preston to Chorley (and from coaches to DDs)

Megabus tickets were being sold for the X61 up until the autumn of 2010.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krisk

Get the Ribble 154 bus via Wrea Green or the 158 via Weeton.

Oh wait.....

krisk

I was being humorous. I used to get them a lot as a kid growing up in Blackpool, happy days when an Olympian turned up, bad day was a National with that plasticky fake leather type seating

Anyone remember Preston Bus running a Preston to Blackpool and a Blackpool to Lancaster bus. Sure they were 40/42 route before Stagecoach took over Ribble and the 140/142 had the 1 dropped.

Happy days

martinsh

Established Member
Anyone remember Preston Bus running a Preston to Blackpool and a Blackpool to Lancaster bus. Sure they were 40/42 route before Stagecoach took over Ribble and the 140/142 had the 1 dropped.

I think you are confusing this with Lancaster City Transport running Lancaster - Preston and Lancaster - Blackpool in the late 1980s

krisk

You would be correct. Used to depart from what was the old Talbot Rd bus station and didn't even have a stand, it was just against a far wall. Didnt last long if I recall.

Think I used to get that and the CMS 556 bus upto the lake district.

Anyone remember LCT running a lake district bus, think it was as far as Ambleside and ran a different route to the 555 and went through Warton and up the A6.

Takes me back to my teenage years.

One of my favourite journeys was Garstang to Knott End, think it only ran once a day so was good to get on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.