• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fastest Time To Visit Every Station in Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieu

I've always wondered what the fastest theoretical time it would take to visit all stations in Scotland. Applying similar rules to TubeChallenge (either arrive or depart on a train from all stations, other transport connections allowed but no taxi/personal car)

I've managed to get it down to 5 days, 14 hours, 36 minutes

Is this the fastest time or can it be done quicker?

For the likes of IBM I would say that as long as you were on a service that previously called there then that would count.

All services except 2W21 Glasgow Central High Level to Wemyss Bay

For Falls of Cruachan and Dunrobin Castle I would say as long as you were on a service that stops there on the summer timetable then that would count

Falls of Cruachan:
1Y21 Glasgow Queen St. to Oban
1Y23 Glasgow Queen St. to Oban
1Y25 Glasgow Queen St. to Oban
1Y27 Glasgow Queen St. to Oban
1Y29 Glasgow Queen St. to Oban

1Y22 Oban to Glasgow Queen St.
1Y24 Oban to Glasgow Queen St.
1Y26 Oban to Glasgow Queen St.
1Y28 Oban to Glasgow Queen St.

As for request stop stations as long as you are on a service that is scheduled to call there.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Visit as in being on a train which calls (or in the case of request stops, has the potential to call) at the station?

Status
Not open for further replies.