• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fastline Donny - Grain CAPED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 37 Fan

Fastline 56 Donny - Grain this Monday is CAPED and a no show, sadly 56303 wont be ready in time and none of the other grids will be ready either so its a non runner, there is a slight chance it could run but not with a Fastline 56, maybe an FM 47.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Do you know when it will start? What happened to 56302?

The 37 Fan

56302 is undergoing testing and 56301 needs a bit of work done hence its allocation tonight. Not ready as in Brush are doing tests on 56302 and 56301 is not allocated Donny - Grain as it too is undergoing testing following recent repairs and tonight its back to Brush.

Julian G

Established Member
I would rather see an LUL Battery Loco than a 47 allocated to Donny-Grain

theblackwatch

Established Member
joea1 said:
Well 56301 is on a 4Z56 working to Donny today and 56302 is doing naff all! What do you mean by not ready?

Here's a phot I took of 56301 this morning on 4Z56:
56301s.jpg

It's nice to be in the right place at the right time occasionally, even if it was rather dull at the time!

AJP

56301/302 are belived to be double headed,

Micheal wrights gen is crap like usual

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
AJP said:

Its 56302 on its own now. 56301 was used to top and tail out of the yard

The 37 Fan

AJP said:

Wheres your contribution, wait I foget you dont contribute and all it seems you can do its complain, how about zipping it like a good litte boy. (PS: thanks not how you spell my name)

Yes a change of plan as 56302 was eventually off test in the early hours of this morning and by this time I doubt anoyone could post the news as most people were in bed, it was at about 4am the decision to run the train again was made.

Train was running early 56302 at the head (NOT double headed as suggested by some incorrect gen) As stated 56301 was used for shunting purposes.

The train will also run on Wednesday and Friday with a Fastline 56 on the front.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The train will also run on Wednesday and Friday with a Fastline 56 on the front.

Will this be a permanent thing or will it eventually run Monday to Friday inclusive?

The 37 Fan

Will run Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays only. Nothing with Freight is perminant but for now this is when it will be running.

The 37 Fan

Oh boy on a test run again. I wish Fastlinewould make their mind up, looks as if amazingly it was caped again as I stated. Maybe the 56 will make it to Grain on Wednesday.

AJP

The 37 Fan said:
Oh boy on a test run again. I wish Fastlinewould make their mind up, looks as if amazingly it was caped again as I stated. Maybe the 56 will make it to Grain on Wednesday.

As if you new that was gunna happen ;) Just your lucky day!

theblackwatch

Established Member
joea1 said:
Michael, where the heck do you get your gen?

Reported leaving Donny with 56302 1 early :D

1Z14 running again, 15:33 past Tulse Hill :D

I thought the gen was suspect when 56301 colected the wagons for the train on Saturday and took them to Doncaster!

The 37 Fan

Yes as I mentioned was correct, then wrong and now correct..oh confused. Hopefully it will make it this Wednesday fella's!!!

London needs some grid action I am sure you will agree :D

The 37 Fan

Thats a point but for us Southeners it was, maybe Grids are scared of London!!!
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
No grids to Grain for a LONG WHILE, Jarvis 56 drivers have no route knoelage South of Rugby so it will take some time to get them trained, however when the trains eventually run expect the first few to be double headed :D

Julian G

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
Thats a point but for us Southeners it was, maybe Grids are scared of London!!!
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
No grids to Grain for a LONG WHILE, Jarvis 56 drivers have no route knoelage South of Rugby so it will take some time to get them trained, however when the trains eventually run expect the first few to be double headed :D
But they are other Grids sitting at Depots rotting away,
Oh god, They know 8th May is the first run to Grain and they have not even bothered doing route knowledge runs south of Rugby

The 37 Fan

56302 and JNA wagons off Rugby today (09/05/2006) due at Kenny Olympia in 44mins. A Fastline Driver with two FL drivers gaining route knowelage.
[EDIT]
UPDATE 56302 still with JNA'S just through Tring.

Julian G

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
56302 and JNA wagons off Rugby today (09/05/2006) due at Kenny Olympia in 44mins. A Fastline Driver with two FL drivers gaining route knowelage.
[EDIT]
UPDATE 56302 still with JNA'S just through Tring.
Made a lovely appearance, commuters surprised to see the 56s at West Brompton while waiting for the 18:49 Silverlink to Clapham

richa2002

Established Member
Julian G said:
Made a lovely appearance, commuters surprised to see the 56s at West Brompton while waiting for the 18:49 Silverlink to Clapham
I'd be surprised if anyone gave a damn about just another train.
[EDIT]
The 37 Fan said:
Is a long while 1 day ?

Julian G

Established Member
joea1 said:
Three words spring to mind-pinch of salt.
and why do these words spring to mind, (I really wouldn't care if it clagged, though, i was more interested on the loco than clag)

Status
Not open for further replies.